Hubby laid off - prayers please

KTMom91

Hubby found out his last day at work will be Jan.4, unless he can transfer over to available jobs in another division, based 300 miles from here. His choices are to hunt for another job here, where we have over 20% unemployment, or we maintain two households indefinitely.

Health insurance drops off Jan. 31.

Please say prayers, rattle beads, dance with chickens or panthers or terriers...the power of the board is needed. Thank you!

DammitJanet

Ugh. So Sorry Ktmom. Could he go to the new place and work there to see if he would like it and could keep that job? Maybe come home every two weeks for a weekend? We have had to do that before on out of town jobs. If its a good job, maybe you will have to move to the other site.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Fingers crossed and beads are a rattlin.

If nothing else, like Janet said, maybe he can commute for a bit. If it's just him, he could just get an efficiency and you could always send the panthers to keep him busy....erm...I mean keep him company! :winks:

I am so sorry to hear that - - - I feel your pain. My hubby has been out of work for almost 10 months now. Gotta love CA. I hope he finds something quickly.

klmno

I'm very sorry ...I'm right there with you if that makes you feel any better. I hope things turn around soon and that you aren't left in a horrible situation.

jal

I'm sorry & I understand too. husband hasn't been gainfully employed since last Oct. In many ways a positive for us and it works for us, but I am sorry. I know how hard it is either way...