Hubby thinks I need to go to the ER.

KTMom91

Here's the situation...something I ate Friday afternoon (I think) didn't agree with me, and I haven't eaten anything since then. I've had explosive "tummy troubles", even after sipping water. I've basically been in bed all weekend, except for a rare visit to the bathroom. Hubby and Miss KT forcibly pulled me out of bed and made me take a shower, because they said I smelled so bad. I'm not hungry, not thirsty, and I would just go back to bed, but they took the sheets and blankets away. They think I'm dehydrated and passing out. I don't want to go to the ER.

I told them I would put it to you ladies, and abide by your decision.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Actually, that should read:

Shut the hell up and go! (And T? No saying "Ha! Told you so!!" You'll just honk her off and it won't get you any points.....trust me!)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I agree, Mary. You need fluids and some medications to quiet your tummy troubles down. Please go get checked out.

Hugs,
Suz

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
GO!!!!

This is most likely nothing more than norovirus, BUT, the explosive vomiting you describe, especially when not accompanied by symptoms at the other end, is also a symptom of an intestinal obstruction.

When I went to ER after three days of symptoms, they did an xray of my gut and had me on the way to the OR so fast they were cutting my clothes off of me on the way there!

If it's norovirus, you need rehydrating and anti vomiting medications. They'll do that, but if this's already been going on for so long, there is a chance they'll admit you.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mary you really need to go girl. Sounds as if you're at the very least dehydrated and that is nothing to play around with. It causes all sorts of nasty complications. So go and let them re-hydrate you. You'll feel better. And they can give you medications to ease your explosive tummy troubles.

I know it's no fun. But seriously, if it's dehydration you will fill better with an IV bag or two back in you.

Feel better soon. And let us know how it goes.

(((hugs)))

KTMom91

I went...and I am home. I have a gastro-intestinal virus and a prescription for Lomotil. I still don't feel like eating, and I'm dizzy and my ears are ringing. Also, my blood sugar was really high, because I haven't eaten or taken any medications since Friday.

I'm going to eat some pasta and see if it stays with me.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I second the dry toast. That and some gingerale many people find helpful. Pasta is NOT a good idea to start out with.

If you can get it, the best thing I've found to eat while sick with this is Matzoh. It's a traditional Jewish "cracker" made of nothing but flour and water. The most common brand is Manischevitz and many grocery stores carry it.

The "GI Virus" is most likely norovirus, in some places they call it the "vomiting virus", and that fits, OK.

Now, if the vomiting picks up again, and especially if you have abdominal pain or have noticed no bowel movements in a day or more, go back to the ER as you might still have something more serious going on.

I hope you feel better.

If that stays down with frequent nibbles and sips, then you can rest a bit and try with some plain chicken broth. Diluted a bit is probably best as the salt, while you need it, can further upset your stomach

witzend

been there done that, it's not going to get better by itself. Go to the doctor, get some Pepto on the way home. Eat white rice and baked potato, plain.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Maybe even start with some clear broth. The dehydration thing is something I have been through too many times to count and is no fun. Jello is also another good one to start with. Hugs and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Feel better 'O filler of the porcelain throne.....:tongue:

What Arrrrrrrrrrrrr ya doin' on here anyway??

And if you do drink Gatorade? 1/2 it with water. NOT FULL STRENGTH.

Hugs from a distance (with full germ riot gear on of course:sick:)

Love,
Star