Hubby's kitty passed tonight...

KTMom91

As if things weren't interesting enough around here...Hubby's favorite senior kitty, who was blind and had had several strokes, was refusing food and yowling all day. Up until today, he was eating well and purred like crazy when petted, but he went downhill fast.

We took Dust to the emergency vet, and they were wonderful and not much more expensive than our vet, which really surprised me. Hubby is really upset; we adopted Dust right after we were married, and he was an adult kitty then. We have no idea how old he was, but we had him over ten years. I worry about Dust's best kitty friend; he and Cappy were inseparable.

And Miss KT has been calling...she can't breathe, thinks her asthma is acting up, but since she doesn't have insurance, she doesn't want to go to the hospital. I understand that, but I hope it's not as serious as her drama indicates. I'm three hours away, I'm working the next two days, and I really can't afford to get there.

Rabbit

So sorry re the cat. I think Miss Kt needs to go to ER if she continues to have trouble breathing. Better to be safe than sorry. Just my opinion.
I hope i did not offend you. Asthma can be quite serious. Do she have a neb machine.? Praying for your family. Hugs Rabbit

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So sorry for your loss of Dust. ((((hugs)))

As for Miss KT..........tell her to locate a county hospital and go to the ER there. They have forms she can fill out for no insurance / low or no income where the cost of the hospital visit will be adjusted to what she can afford to pay.......they'll even wipe it totally. No sense in her not being treated, just too risky especially at this time of year. This is what county hospitals do. I hope she feels better soon. Sending her (((hugs)) too.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
i'm so sorry, Mary.

Does the school where KT is have a student clinic? Does she need an inhaler?

TerryJ2

I'm so sorry about the kitty. That is so sad when a long time companion has to go.

I hope Miss KT has toned down her asthma by now. Why doesn't she go to a free-standing doctor-in-the box? Don't they take Medicaid? They would give her an inhaler. Just a thought.

KTMom91

Thanks, ladies. Hubby's still upset, but knows it was for the best.

As for Miss KT...she just called, saying she was having trouble breathing, and she's blaming it on the pizza in the cafeteria. No inhaler, no nebulizer, just Benadryl, and even though I told her about the county hospital, she refuses to go. She applied for Medi-Cal, but I don't think she's heard back yet. She doesn't want to officially change her county of residence while she's in school, because she'll be home during the summer, so who knows what she actually did.

Wiped Out

Staff member
So sorry about the loss of your cat. I hope Miss kt starts to feel better and sees a doctor. Hugs.

Jena

aw losing a pet can be so hard they become part of your family. ((hugs to you and husband))

kt i hope she feels better and does take the run there if it gets bad.