Huge chance I think...

DammitJanet

My therapist handed me an application today from the state level folks who oversee our community mental health junk to apply for a full scholarship to the National Conference NAMI is having in Orlando FL in June!

She wants me to attend and learn all the interesting stuff and then do the write ups for the local and state areas!

OMG!

The workshops sound fabulous and so interesting. I am a bit scared ...well a LOT scared...at the idea of being down there all alone but I can do it!

Now I just have to fill out all the paperwork. I hope I get the scholarship...she seemed sure I would. They pay for everything!

everywoman

Yeah for you Janet. I hope you do get to attend. It would be interesting and you could get in on cutting edge stuff.

Fran

Former desparate mom
After being a mom to our kids, being alone is a walk in the park. You can do this. You will feel wonderful learning new things. I'll send good thoughts that you get the scholarship and get to prove you can do it to yourself.

DammitJanet

I have gone to conferences both state and national level when I was a fraud investigator which is what gives me the gumption to even fill out this paperwork. I know I can pull this off. It was a tad bit easier when I was with the others but I can do this alone and the information they are showing online looks wonderful and I take it as if she has a huge amount of confidence in me.

I will just put on my "public persona" and go with it!

You are an intelligent, educated, articulate woman who can see things from both sides of the fence. What better person could they choose? That sounds like fun, an exciting opportunity, and who knows where it will take you? -Alyssa

DammitJanet

If I get to go...maybe I will get to meet some of the FL family!

Anyone near Orlando or any of the places I will be passing through on my way from NC to Orlando? Im gonna drive myself instead of flying...I want to have my own car to get around in. I like to have my own way to go and not be relying on others since I have the physical problems too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will just put on my "public persona" and go with it! </div></div>

You go and have a blast!!! That is so cool! And it sounds so interesting.

Absolutely awesome!! :dance: :dance: :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH Janet - you can do this - YOU KNOW you can!

-and if HWGA brings cake I'd like your slice since you will be in FL.

This is fantastic!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It sounds great, Janet...........and just think.........a few days, ALONE, in a hotel room. :bravo: :smile: :dance: Think of the peace!

Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OH My gosh how exciting!!! I want to go!!! husband just posted that I can go anywhere I want!?!?! I would love to go to a NAMI conference, I should look into that!!!

Keep us posted!!! I hope you get it!!!

nvts

Janet: the most important part of this is:

Start "sqirrelling" away your spare change now and while you're there get a spa treatment!

This will make all of us drool with envy:

hotel -- ALONE
road trip -- ALONE
phone calls interupting the spa -- NONE

Have a wonderful time!

Beth

PS: feel like swinging by and picking up a co-pilot in NY?

:rofl: