Hurts so good.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
For the past couple of years, Wee has taken riding lessons with a lady about 40 miles north of us. She worked with his Occupational Therapist (OT) in order to make the most of his lessons, and she did a really good job with him.

So, I've been getting back on my horse, and discovering "challenges"; since I can't feel a lot of my foot, or bend it, I am having a lot of trouble finding my seat at faster gaits. So I called her and went up Monday evening for my own private lesson.

We adjusted tack to compensate for the lack of bend, and she helped me get some form back. I rode hard for a good hour.

And OMG do I feel it today. My back, shoulders, thighs, and knees are all screaming.

But it is a GREAT feeling. They say no pain, no gain, right? :imok:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. No pain no gain. And at least with this pain you were doing something you love. I'm so glad she was able to help, that was a great idea.

I'm worried about easy child's foot and ankle. She has real trouble moving her toes already. Circulation ect is good, so that's not it. She can't even feel the top of her foot or her little toe. She has the most gawd awful nerve pain at times. Thankfully that has slacked off some.

It has started to sink in that she's not going to get that cast off and just start off walking again, even with PT. It's worrying her too. But I keep telling her the doctor never dreamed I'd get as much range of motion back in my shoulders as I did. So who knows.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't feel the outside of my foot from the ankle to my toes at all. What I do feel elsewhere is pretty unreliable. Walking on uneven ground is really hard without looking at the ground, but getting better. BUT I have surpassed the surgeon's hope for recovery, and in half the time. So we're all hoping that means I'm just gonna keep getting better and better.

You "shouldn't" be able to do half the things you do, either....if she's anything like you, she'll be back in full swing.

Steely

Awesome that you did this!!! So cool! You do not let anything stop you - and that is amazing!!!

I love horses - I want one :) Or at least to borrow one every weekend.