husband almost cried

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've only seen him do this twice over something good. Once when I bought him an air compressor for Christmas and tonight.

A friend of ours works for a company that, among other things, makes some really kick arse gas grills. A few years ago, we got an $800 grill for $250. It's a 3 burner, stainless steel, big heavy lid, temp guage....very nice. The company was recently bought out because of bankruptcy and is closing very soon. Our grill needs new sear plates so husband asked our buddy R if he could get some before the plant closed. It wasn't a problem and last Thursday, R calls husband and asks him to swing by after work because he had the parts. husband gets there and there's a new 3 burner grill in the back of R's truck. THAT was the source of the parts we need. The whole thing! Three burners, side burner, marinade station with cutting board........very nice. So R brings it over Sunday but calls us today. He wasn't supposed to take that one and needs to pick it up so he can take it back. Not a problem, we weren't expecting it anyway. R thinks though, that he can get another one that's still boxed up and should be relatively the same thing. He brings it over tonight (VERY large box by the way) and as husband is helping him unstrap this box he catches site of the label. It's a FIVE burner WITH rotissery and still has the side burner, marinade station and even has an LCD light that hooks on the back.

I swear the man's voice quivered and his eyes got all misty. Funny thing is, the monster isn't assembled and husband plans to do it himself. :rofl: It takes R 4-5 hours to assemble one and he's an engineer! I have a sneaking suspicion that Wednesday will prove to be verrry entertaining!

Andy

:bbq::rofl: He may end up crying again?

Better call a few of his buddies to come help? Or would that make it worse?

DammitJanet

Men and their toys...lol.

Tony just got a cheapie gas grill from the boys for Fathers day and I thought he was going to cry too.

TerryJ2

LOL. I was about to say the same thing about him crying again--for a diff reason. :)
I bet he has it finished by the end of summer, though! :)
Neat story.