husband and I are "Empty Nesters"

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by DDD, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

easy child/difficult child and difficult child have an apartment together and moved in this weekend. We have very mixed emotions buthave opted to detach and act supportive.

It could work out. That's what we are hoping for. A few extra good thoughts and prayers would be welcome.DDD

2. Bean

Bean Member

Good thoughts coming your way. Totally understand your mixed thoughts. Yeah.

3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Hope it works out for them, and drama is kept to a minimum. Hugs.

4. dashcat

dashcat Member

Here's hoping that they form a peaceful home and you and your husband enjoy your nest .Dash

5. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

Both headed your way :) Try to enjoy the peace and quiet!

6. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Well that sounds great! I wish mine could have done the same, but they'd kill one another first!

I hope yours do okay and you and H can enjoy this new time together!

7. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Sending them out!

8. Momslittleangels

Momslittleangels New Member

Enjoy your "quiet" time together, as it is WELL deserved. I hope they find ways to make it work and grow a little in the process.

9. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

What a nice surprise! :bravo: Gosh, I hope it works out for all of you. WAHOOO!!!

Suz

10. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ya know, I am not a bit surprised by this. Hope it works out very well.

Now, what on earth are you going to do as empty nesters after all these years? LOL!

11. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

Many many good thoughts & strong prayers, D3. They are both good-hearted boys, perhaps they will each help the others' weak points and have success in the synergy!!

Peace

12. katya02

katya02 Solace

Sending good thoughts. I hope it works out! Enjoy the quiet! :)

13. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Good luck to them. Enjoy your empty nest.

14. Ephchap

Ephchap Active Member

OMG, D3, it's been waaaay too long since we've talked. I've been back and forth a few times, but have been unable to get together. Meanwhile, Wooooohooooooooo about the empty nest ! I'm soooooooo excited for you and husband, and am sending lots of good thoughts that things go well.

Deb

15. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. It's going to take awhile for the dust to settle but I'm thinking positive thoughts. DDD