husband first appointment with councelor

Ktrink

Morning all,

I am a bit nervous today. My son was diagnosed with ODD several weeks ago. So far I have been the only one going to appts to learn how to handle my son. Today, my husband is joining me. I am hoping he sees our son is not just a brat like he thinks. I feel like I am fighting alone with this problem. He does not have another diagnosis such as ADHD. He has symptoms but not enough to label. I just want some stress to go down in the household if we can all be on the same page.

I am starting some personal counceling this evening. I think that will help me at least have a listening ear.

Well, our appointment is in a bit so I better get ready. Wish us well.......Ktrink

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Hey Ktrink.
Good for both of you!!! It's a great thing that husband is going. Hopefully the counselor will be able to explain things so that husband gets it and you can all be on the same page. Hope you get out of it what you're looking for - keep us posted!
-Dara

BusynMember

Hi there.
First off, are you satisfied with the diagnosis? Did the therapist run any tests?
Any psychiatric or neurological problems on the family tree? Did he have any developmental delays?