~~~husband got a job~~~

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Kathy813, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I wanted to share the good news with my PE buddies. As many of you know, husband was laid off unexpectedly on his 55th birthday 2 months ago.

He interviewed with a company in Birmingham over a week ago and it went great. I didn't want to post and jinx it but he went back today and got the official offer and will start May 1st. He will still get to work out of our house in Atlanta with about 50% travel. I told him we would use his frequent flyer miles to start taking vacations now that the kids are grown.

It is more money and doing what he likes to do.

Break out the champagne! :smile: :princess: :smile:

I'm off to the mall . . .

2. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

:smile:I hope it's OK to celebrate with Cutty! :smile:
    I've been looking for the right occasion this evening and you just provided it! Way To Go, husband. Now, my friend, you can exhale...at
    least for awhile! DDD
  3. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Great news. Nice to know even at 55 you can find employment... Hope you found some good "buys" at the mall!</span>
  4. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Wonderful! You all must be sooo relieved! :whew:

5. hearthope

hearthope New Member

More money and doing what he like to do!!! YEA!!!

6. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

:bravo: It's great news. You both have been through some tough times with the job market. It must be a great relief. Congratulations
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:bravo: :smile:

Wonderful News!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure this is a worry off your mind.

We're still waiting to see if someone is going to be willing to hire a (EEK) 59 yr old. husband has been officially unemployed since Sept, although has found a couple of temp jobs. The pay is awful though.
  8. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </span>

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I'm breaking out the wine, Kathy. That's so wonderful!!! I hope your husband loves it!....and yay about the frequent flier miles---maybe you'll come up one of these days and we can really share the couch watching DWTS!

I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Suz :princess:
  9. kris

kris New Member

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #660000"> what fabulous news, kathi!!

congratulations to husband.

</span> </span> </span>
  10. ScentofCedar

ScentofCedar New Member

That IS wonderful news, Kathy!

......................... :bravo:

I thought that was so funny when you posted that you were off to the mall. :smile:

11. KFld

KFld New Member

Great news. Hope you bought yourself something really nice at the mall. You deserve it!!!!
  12. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Bravo!!!! Here is to your husband's new job may it be all that hea and you want it to be! :smile: -RM
  13. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

YEAH!!!!! Good for you---ya'll deserve a break!
  14. Jen

Jen New Member

Congrats. Great that he can work out of his home. I wouldnt know how to act.

15. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! More money and liking what he does. What more could he ask for. Awesome!!!

16. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

I will raise a glass of "Texas Tea" to celebrate!
  17. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

Congratulations to you and your husband Kathy. I love celebratiaon.s