husband got a JOB!!!

trinityroyal

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

It's a contract and it's fairly short-term (4 months) but if they like him then there's a very good chance that they'll either renew his contract for a longer term, or hire him full-time.

Today was his first day, so I packed his lunch and waved him off from the driveway. He said he felt like it was the first day of school. About an hour ago I got an e-mail from him saying that he is settled in, likes his team and is looking forward to the work.

I'm so happy for him. husband has been out of work since Mar 2009 (not counting when he covered for me while I was on maternity leave), so it's been a long time coming.

Since the day he got the offer, I've been on tenterhooks. I didn't want to believe it was real until he went in and signed the paperwork. Whew! Just in time for Christmas.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

klmno

Great news!! Congrats!! My job is just contract, too, but shoot- it's a start and I'm sure you both feel tons better. It's amazing how much it can make a difference3 in self-esteem and everything.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHT!!!!!!!!

Sooooo, (swirls lock of hair and looks at the corner of the room innocently) WHAT do you suppose he'll buy ME er..... I mean US with his first check? (snort)......BILLS YOU SAY? BALDERDASH......(I want a donkey)

HUGS TRINNY.....Glad on ya! HEWWO TOT MONSERS.....I WUBS YOU!

trinityroyal

Thanks everyone!

husband is just home from day 2, and he really seems to like it.
AND, they have a regional office just 10 min from our house (rather than the 1 hr commute husband was facing). husband has made arrangements to work there most days. Yippee! After carrying the financial load for the family all this time, this is such a relief.