husband got me...

Jena

an herb plant, filled with rosemary, sage, basil, etc. a huge pot for our kitchen.

it wasn't perfume, or a dozen roses..... yet we watched a cooking show together last week, Contessa and she had this thing of herbs in her kitchen and I said wow how cool is that. I'd love that...

so, lately he's been bartering food at the restaraunt for flowers with this guy who has a shoppe next door to our rest. and it was really sweet.

I had made him a midnight dinner last night, tried to stay up make him a steak with-mushrooms etc. and than he walked in with that for me.

it was really sweet and thoughtful. i was so excited over something so very simple.

just had to share it, because i was thinking about it this morning. he's not a romantic guy yet in his own way he tries.

i guess we should all try to recognize the men in our life who make these small gesture at times..... it made my night :)

muttmeister

What a neat gift!!! As far as I'm concerned, I'd much prefer it to flowers and it shows he put some thought into it. Good for you both!

witzend

That's so sweet! It's rare when they hear the unsaid things about who we are and what we really enjoy. You're a very lucky woman!