husband got up

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Did you give him a BIG 'Atta Boy!? You know what they say about positive reinforcement... if it works for dogs and kids, it can work for a difficult child-husband! :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Seriously, Witz, you should give him one today. As much as you don't think he deserves it, and should just DO what he's supposed to do, he'll remember your encouraging words the rest of today -- well, at least we can hope he does!

Then there's guys like my husband (or maybe yours is like this, too) who do one little unrequested task (that needs doing) and then they blow their own horn loud enough to wake the dead, begging for acknowledgement. :rolleyes: I have to keep myself from gagging when that happens, but I try to express some level of gratitude anyway. It's not always easy.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I never gave my husband an atta boy ~ he'd just get a big hug from me at some point during the day & never really know why.

Very cool, witz.

witzend

OK - I'll hug him. ;)

I'm also thinking that come this weekend, we are going to trade days that we get to sleep in. Last weekend (and usually) he gets both days, and will sleep until noon if left alone. This weekend he only gets one day - I finally get one this time!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ok, Witz, I had to laugh.

I opened this expecting it to be a "let's say something positive about our husband's, I'll start. Mine got up today!" thread.

Ok, so that's not quite what it is...but that's ok...I'm still glad he got up!

witzend

Ok, Witz, I had to laugh.

I opened this expecting it to be a "let's say something positive about our husband's, I'll start. Mine got up today!" thread.

Ok, so that's not quite what it is...but that's ok...I'm still glad he got up!

It's pretty close, though!