husband having more "autonomic" seizures

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think it's time for him to call his neuro about bumping up his Trileptal.

He had a doozy of a seizure after sneezing hard while we were on our little camping trip. Although we all laughed about it and called it a "sneezure", I was still a little worried. Yesterday he had many small episodes throughout the day, and in the evening it was to the point he was really upset and needed me to sit with him. And this morning at 5:30am, he had another while we were still sleeping -- he woke me up just as it was happening.

Now mind you, these are not the typical convulsive seizures. It's more like a sensory overload/mind trip -- with some mild physical symptoms like gas (coming out both ends) and he feels like he's going to be sick (though he never does anything) and breaks out in a sweat. For him it can be very disconcerting. Especially when he has several in a row. And if he didn't take any medications we understand there's a risk it could evolve into a more serious type of seizure.

I need to remind him to keep this info to himself when he's interviewing for jobs...

susiestar

Roll With It
Call the doctor if he won't. This could develop into more serious stuff if he isn't on enough trileptal. Or whatever medication they use.

Good idea to remind him not to share this in an interview.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I started to not post to this because I have no idea what autonomic seizures are and then I thought - well I know what sympathy is.

So whatever is going on - GET WELL SOON..

Hugs
STar

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I started to not post to this because I have no idea what autonomic seizures are ...

I appreciate the well-wishes, Star :)

And for everyone's edification, autonomic seizures are also called simple partial seizures. In husband's case, here's what some of the symptoms are like:

Autonomic seizures:

These cause changes in the part of the nervous system that automatically controls bodily functions. These common seizures may include strange or unpleasant sensations in the stomach, chest, or head; changes in the heart rate or breathing; sweating; or goose bumps.

He often feels like he's going to vomit and lose his bowels at the same time, not to mention the anxiety of these overwhelming sensations. He gets dizzy and light headed, too. The worst one he ever had caused him to momentarily black out (while he was driving to work).

At any rate, the neuro will be seeing him this Thursday, and hopefully a tweak in medications will do the trick! So far this afternoon he hasn't had any more seizures. They really can be unpredictable.