husband is being difficult

Jena

oh boy you guys know more about me than any therapist i've ever gone to lol.

yup i'm going to let it all out this week. husband is being difficult. there i said it. ahh i feel better now.

hes irritable over money, he's complaining on no time with-me intimately, he is complaining i didnt' go pumpkin picking with-the kids and him today.

he is voicing all his opinions last 3 days about junk and i feel as though acting like a two year old who has been told he can't have another cookie.

i said to him are you that insecure that you have to find a way to make this about you right now because you aren't getting the attention you feel you deserve?? i said easy child who is only 17 is treading lightly with me right now and shes' a kid. your a 41 year old man get a grip and grow up.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wish I had some good advice to give ya....right now, I'm debating telling mine to go hang out with his mommy... Trying not to...he DID help this weekend...but finding the beer just made any neutral feelings hard to hang on to...

I'm sorry. Sending a hug.

Jena

lol. we should pop them all in the same boat and ship them off for a bit. mine just returned home from pumpkin picking still ****** that i didnt' go asked what do ou want for dinner as i sat in difficult child's room cleaning up her toys. i've avoided the room all week.

than i say pizza works. he says well i dont really want to be here right now you dont' get it. so i told him fine let me not hold you back go than. so he took his kids left and took them to dinner. i'd say what i'm feeling now but we aren't allowed to curse :)

Jena

yea it should be bottled and sold like over the counter. let him go, i dont' have time for his b.s. bull right now to be honest. i dont' really care. im going to take a nap and than tmrw gotta get in truck at 630 to head to meeting at hospital by 12.

gotta stay focused now on difficult child. cant' screw this up it's way too important. husband can throw his fits act like a two year old i do not care. i do not care where it even lands us when all is said and done if thats a diff place than we are now.

DammitJanet

Jena, remember to give him a break too. Men dont handle these things as well emotionally as moms most of the time. They want to be able to reach in and fix things because that is their nature. They are they fixers of this world. If a picture falls, they take the hammer and level out and rehang the picture. They dont go get their buddies, talk about why the picture fell, if it would still look good where it was, if they should move it somewhere else, if there was a ground fault that caused the picture to fall, if their buddies want to watch them hang the picture...etc...lol. No...they just fix the darn thing!

Broken kids arent like that and there isnt a manual for how to deal with them or their momma's so the Dads feel helpless. They cant get a hammer or some duct tape and fix this.

Your husband, who isnt even this childs father, has offered to open up his 401K to get her the help she needs. Not all men would do that. Not when she has a father who should be doing that for her. He really is a good man. He may be stumbling on how to show you he cares but its probably because he doesnt know how.

M

Mamaof5

Holy Hannah!! It must be a full moon or something or maybe all the men are on the same male PMS cycle together? Mine was crabbing about everything this weekend too. I have to give him credit though...he does work two jobs on weekends now (deejaying on Fri & Sat along side the cab driving) but still...wow. I thought my PMS was hard core...

DammitJanet

Jena, you are going through so much right now. I am sure he is so scared of what is happening. He loves you and her. He probably thought pumpkins would make you happy...lol. I can just see him thinking that. "look...pretty pumpkins!"

I kinda understand both sides because I am the difficult child and the mom and the partner and well...just everything. Plus Im old as the hills.