husband is going to get evaluated.

Jena

yes dare i say it my new husband is finally going to see a pyschiatrist about his lack of need for sleep, his constant fidgeting and inability to stay still, his racing mind and tons of lists made daily, late bills (due to not taking the time to open them), and his short fuse which kills me.

so, we'll see he called today and scheduled it. i think it's soon. he said he's open to finding out what's up, seeing what doctor has to say etc.

alot of it could very well be environmental i dont know. he had a really hard childhood in some ways and also had a rough rough last marriage and break up.

just thought i'd share after i b*tched about him soo much.

im glad he's going, yet i'm glad he's doing it for him and not for me. than he'd just resent me.

H

HaoZi

I'm happy he's finally going in to get it checked, hopefully it will help the whole situation.

Jena

if it just gives him insight and a direction, the ability to sleep at night when he gets in at midnight instead of being wired till 3 a.m. and more calm that would be great for him and in turn me.

H

HaoZi

I think his work schedule impacts it, too. Few people get home from work and drop right off to sleep, they need to eat and unwind for a while first.

Jena

yes thats' exactly it, yet his unwind time is my i'm shot and gotta go to sleep time. hence if i go to bed we never see eachother basically except monday and wednesday inbetween 5 kids, his kids drop offs and pick up's at after school junk a hectic dinner and difficult child's doctor appointments. yea i could see how we'd both be losing it. hey let him go though and see what the doctor says. i know what i've got time for him to find out what his deal is. :)

KTMom91

Hubby was diagnosis'd with ADD in his 40s, after we went to a Sat morning class on helping ADHD children in San Francisco. Miss KT and Son #2 went to the nearby mall, bought scooters, and scooted around, while Hubby drove me INSANE by poking me and saying, "I used to do that. Hey, I acted like that. That sounds like something I did." Over and over and over...when we got home, he went to his doctor, and after a disastrous trial of Strattera, (I TOLD him to tell the doctor Ritalin because of Hubby's past history with unipolar depression. Even after I ramped up the dosage to be consistent with Hubby's weight, it was awful. At Hubby's next doctor appointment, I presented the doctor with a spreadsheet of dosage amounts and behaviors, and said, "I want him on Ritalin. NOW.") he has settled in quite comfortably with his Ritalin, and all is pretty much well.

H

HaoZi

Can't wait to hear it Jen, hope a proper diagnosis will help things out and encourage him to be more supportive.

Jena

Mary that's great. it's kinda crazy though how we gotta guide our kids and our spouses huh..??

haozi me too!!