husband is in the hospital

mstang67chic

Going Green
And we don't know why. He came home last night from work at his normal time with a fever and the chills so bad his teeth were chattering. Other than that (like it wasn't enough!) he had no other symptoms. Achy yes, from the fever and shaking like you wouldn't believe from the chills but nothing else. No vomiting, no sore throat, nothing like you would think from a bug or the flu. When I got up this morning for work, he was burning up so I called and got him into our doctor at 1:15 today. Around 3:30 I started calling and texting him but got no response. I called the dr's office and they told me that the doctor had sent husband to the ER. (The office is connected to the hospital). I called the ER and talked to husband who made it out like no big deal. And it's not in a way. But....he has a fever (as of about an hour ago it was 101.2), horrible chills, an elevated white blood cell count (17,000) and pain/burning when he urinates. Those are his only symptoms. No pain other than your usual fever aches, no rash, no obvious sign of infection, nothing. They did a CT scan to check for kidney stones, gall stones and apendicitis and it all came back normal. They tested for the Swine Flu and that came back fine. They've taken a lot of blood and urine....no bladder or kidney infection. His doctor came around while husband was still in the ER and did another quick check and decided to check husband's prostate. That was a little tender and maybe just a bit swollen so Prostitis is a possibility but they aren't sure. They also did a chest x-ray too but so far.....they don't know why his blood count is off.

So for now, he's on IV antibiotic (second dose when I left a little after 9 tonight) and they will recheck his counts in the morning and see what the blood tests show. I'm going back up in the morning first thing so I can be there when the doctor does rounds. Hopefully we'll know more then.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope they figure out what's going on with husband. He's being checked out so don't know what more you can do...... get some rest and prepare for tomorrow.....thinking of you and your family, hoping for answers tomorrow.

TerryJ2

Wrll, it sounds like he's at least getting some things looked at, and he's fairly comfortable for the moment. Test results can take awhile. The waiting is the hard part.
I feel for you.
Best of luck.

tiredmommy

I hope the docs figure out what is causing this soon. {{{Hugs}}} to you & husband. Please update when you can.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oh, so sorry! It's always scary when they don't get an immediate diagnosis. I tend to expect the worse when this happens to my family. Hope it's just something they can fix soon. HUGS.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
'stang, I'm glad he's where he should be. I hope it's some innocuous, stupid, obnoxious virus that will pass soon. This has to be scary. I'm so sorry.

Hugs,
Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks all. I'm off to bed as I didn't sleep well either last night from husband's tossing and turning. (which in turn disrupted the dogs who just HAD to roam what little space was left on the bed before settling down again....lol)

I'll post when I know something.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I hope you can get some sleep, may be hard considering.
I will be thinking of you and husband.
Update when you can, HUGS.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I hope you are tucked in bed getting some good rest. I will send good healing thoughts out for you husband that whatever buggie has him lets go.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying prayers it's just a nasty type bug and nothing too serious. At least you don't have to worry about it being swine flu.

Get some rest. Glad your doctor is cautious and on the ball. Keep us updated.

Hugs

Mstang,

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. The waiting is the worst part. I hope you have some answers this morning. I'm thinking of you and your husband and sending lots of healing thoughts his way. Hugs, WFEN

slsh

member since 1999
Mustang - thank goodness your husband is a cooperative man. ;) So glad he went into the dr.!!! I hope they figure out what is going on quickly, and get him tuned up. Sending many good thoughts your way.