husband is in the hospital

Fran

Former desparate mom
Keeping my fingers crossed that they find the culprit and treat it easily.
I don't sleep well when husband is ill. He has had a kidney stone, prostatitis and various odd ailments that really stress me. Despite the fact that he is very healthy it is very disconcerting to have our partners ill. Good luck and keep us posted. Good thoughts going out to you and your husband.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Stang -

I'm sure B will B okay. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Huge hugs.

Pootie sends her love for Unkley B.

Give us an update when you can. I would guess if they tested for flu they did a strep? SOunds like strep to me....but I'm no Daisy lover.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. You guys are the best!

I was up there this morning for rounds so I could see the doctor. husband is feeling better but only because his symptoms are controlled by medications. His white blood count was 17,000 yesterday but when they tested this morning it had jumped to 21,000. This was WITH the iv antibiotics. The doctor is keeping him at least until tomorrow because of that and his fever. The fever, by the way, is down but only because of the medications. They back off and it goes right back up. They took more blood this morning so I'm not sure exactly what tests they are running. He seems to be a puzzle to them. I'll be up again after work so maybe we'll know something.

Thanks again!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I missed this! I am glad he's able to at least feel better with medications and will keep you guys in prayer that they find the cause and resolve it quickly!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Stang, I'd have to back through and reread the replies, but could it possibly be swine flu? I know in WI we had zero cases of it a week ago and I just heard on the news that we have now 223 confirmed cases.

Hope he's doing better and you take care of yourself.

Abbey

smallworld

Swine flu is a virus. It wouldn't cause a high white blood count. High white blood counts are typically caused by a bacterial infection.