husband medications arent' working.......

Jena

i agree 100%. i think he and i thought oh no big deal. yet husband forgot to mention how he had an adverse reaction last time to an ssri.

like i said janet though i told him babe i got alot going on, love you and all yet you gotta handle your stuff. we can talk about it etc. yet i'm not a dr. i'm just me. so go to a dr. keep it simple, take the b.s. out of it

susiestar

Roll With It
For some reason men rarely tell the docs if they have had a bad reaction to a similar medication. Often they do not know the medications are similar or tehy choose not to know or remember if they are told. I send a list to the doctor with my husband or call and elave a message about the problems because it is just easier and cheaper than sending him multiple times for a problem. I have accepted that he is NEVER going to tell all theinfo to a doctor, largely because he refuses to link the info about the past with what is going on currently. Saves me a TON of aggravation and I have just caved on this. Enabling? Most probably but some battles are just not winnable or worth fighting in my marriage, Know what I mean??

It sounds like you maybe need to go with him to the doctor or else you will have a lot of trial and error like this going on. Or else send a list with what you ahve seen.

BusynMember

It took me two weeks of 50 mgs. Zoloft to end up in the hospital with akathesia. My vast (unfortunately) experience with AD's tells me that if I am activated by an AD early on it will only get worse.

I don't think sis should prescribe any more medications. Have his psychiatrist do it. Zoloft was HIDEOUS for me. I had such a fast pulse, the paramedics couldn't take it, which frightened them.

Jena

susie i wish i could yet husband won't even let me go to a therapy session with him. i'd ruin the obvious manipulation he has put forth there that he's all good and that i'm the bad guy lol. seriously ea wed he goes he returns with a chip on his shoulder to some extent. i asked once why not let me go maybe it'll help. he guarded that appointment with his life. he'd never ever let me go to a pysch evaluation with him.

mw wow that's scary. yea he's still taking it. today miserable again he was. he owed me money i asked him for it nicely i needed it to ride today. by the way that didnt' work out. i got on and i just couldtn' do it today kinda sad, so i just walked around the ring for 30 min.

anyway he got aggitated over it saying ask me nice. which i did. wth. than he began again. i said wow here we go again.......... he didn't yell yet he was aggitated nasty i returned to him homein bed with an ice pack on his leg. the man in all the years i've known him has never done this before.

i've noticed since my ms diagnosis he is complaining of pain in his legs, saying oh i get burning too. i'm like reallY? i mean how old are you?

thing is he can't even see how he's acting AT ALL. so i'm calling the pyschdoc tmrw and getting him an appointment. i just hope he goes. i'll say honey your being a bit nasty right now please stop. nothing nada nope it's your fault. wth again....... so it's totally pointless. i mine as well walk on eggshells till he gets the medication adjusted. wonderful easy child and her anger is gone adn now i have him to contend with. with his irritability thru the roof.

meanwhile me process anything, have a down moment? no not acceptable. even though i'm adjusting to a new diagnosis and ofcourse easy child not being here which i'm getting used to yet think about at times obviously. another new medication trial for difficult child.

past two times he's been home since on it i dont' even want to be around him to be honest. that's not nice. yet it's the truth.