husband seems to have turned over a new leaf

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ever since he got his butt chewed out last month, he's been VERY conscientious about his spending. He takes his lunch EVERY DAY, which is a big deal considering he hadn't done that for about 20 years. He holds off on buying things until we actually NEED them. When he does spend, he tries to be as frugal as possible. And for the first time in about 3 years I haven't had to draw from savings to pay the bills!

At this rate, we might even be able to save a little bit.

And I have something I want to do now, since I didn't get to spend my inheritance on a kitchen, and we didn't go anywhere for our anniversary the past two years (our 20th and 21st) and probably won't do much of anything this year: I want to go to Mardi Gras next year. I've never been to New Orleans and I've just always want to go and experience it during Mardi Gras. Last March I was able to reserve a room in the French Quarter for a reasonable rate at a reputable hotel. If I'd tried to book it now, it either wouldn't be available or the price would be out of our reach. husband told me last month he didn't think we should even consider the trip. But I didn't cancel the reservations and I plan to hold onto them and wait to see if we can manage air fare and still swing this trip. My mom's already agreed to stay with the kids.

So maybe, just maybe, if we can stay on target with our finances over the next few months we'll be able to do this and not kill our budget. Maybe.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yay for you, yay for H! I'm so happy that he's learning...and very excited about your trip! Cut out a picture of a scene from Mardi Gras and place it somewhere you'll see it everyday so you remain focused on it (not that aren't already! Lol).

MuM_of_OCD_kiddo

Have fun and be careful!!! You know Bill + Eric, Lestat and their respective buddies and gangs hang out over there and Mardi Gras is their preferred "parti time"...:bigsmile:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
HaOzi -- I'm coming from the west coast, so I think it might be a tossup between driving and flying in terms of cost.