husband sleeping in someone else's bed tonight...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He's going in for ANOTHER sleep study (and what, pray tell, were YOU thinking?)! :tongue:

He's been going through these cycles of having lots of energy, then being dead tired and wanting to sleep all the time and actually missing work because he is so dang tired and just wants to sleep. On days like that, he sleeps all day long. Literally. He stayed home on Tuesday and the only reason he got up at 2:30 in the afternoon was because I asked him to pick the kids up from school so I could run an errand with my mom. Otherwise he would have slept until 7pm if we'd let him. Personally, I think it's mostly mood related with a bit of stress thrown in for good measure (still waiting for the other layoff shoe to drop sometime between now and the end of June).

But he saw the sleep doctor again today and they think that if it was depresson or stress, he would feel tired, but not sleepy. Whatever.

Now they're talking about trying him on a DIFFERENT CPAP machine. Great. I haven't even paid for THIS machine yet!

He goes back for bloodwork with his GP on Friday, and I think he sees the psychiatrist on Tuesday.

Please, Lord, let SOMEBODY figure things out for him!

At least I get all the covers and plenty of legroom tonight! :D

tinamarie1

I have sleep apnea too...and some other weird sleep thing that makes me rip that cpap mask off and toss it across the room while i am asleep. So I gave up on my cpap about a year ago. I wake up feeling ok in the morning but by around 1 pm, I am so ready to go back to bed. So some days I take a nap and then I am ready to go to bed by about 9 pm. I know how he feels. And my husband feels your pain...he has to deal with all my sleep disorders and lack of "real" sleep.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Just a thought, autoimmune diseases are known to cause some of these characteristics.
The daughter(17) of a close friend(who has lupus) developed autoimmune liver disease when still a child(unusual). She had to start homeschooling because for every day of school she attended she had to sleep 18 hrs or more. She fought homeschooling since she wanted to be like everyone else. It wasn't laziness. Her body just was working so hard dealing with the disease that there was no energy left.
Just a thought.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
First, I am so envious that you had the bed all to yourself! I WISH H would either go away to visit family or to a sleep study just to have one night in my bed to take over everything = hahaha.

The first thing that popped into my head was a combo of depression and possibly anemia. Ironically, both difficult child and I have been excessively exhausted and sleep like logs but are still tired during the day. Sometimes I think I could go home and just curl up and sleep for days. Turns out we're BOTH dealing with a touch of depression and anemia. difficult child won't take medications for the depression and mine is situational so I'm trying other things before taking medications. But we both just recently started taking an iron supplement and our omega oils. Any chance of anemia with your H? And does he take supplements of any kind? Just throwing it out there.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Tinamarie, I hope it's as simple as a mask issue.

TM -- Very funny! No, in this case it's hypersomnolence driving me nuts!

Fran, I really don't know if an AI issue is the culprit. We do have various AI disorders on his side of the family (and our difficult child 1). But he had bloodwork in January and the only thing that was off was his cholesterol and glucose (he's probably pre-diabetic) -- JoG, he's not anemic at all. Plus his weight is up, which doesn't help.

They did not check his SED rate or CRP, so I will ask for him to have that done when he goes in tomorrow for another blood draw. I know that those were elevated for difficult child 1's disease, but not sure how it comes into play for other AI diseases.

As usual, nothing in my life is straightforward. :(