husband Update: He's improving, and you all were right

trinityroyal

You all are truly amazing. I continue to be blown away by this Board.

Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes. My husband seems to be on the mend. After the doctor assured us that "It's definitely not kidney stones", husband passed several of them over the weekend. The blood has stopped, and he's feeling much better.

Why am I not surprised that you all called it when the doctor was insisting it was something else entirely?

Hugs to all of you
Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Because docs are human too, hon. We have real life experience!

I'm glad he is better... That kind of pain is AWFUL!

Trinity,

Although kidney stones cause severe pain (been there done that and never want to go through it again!), I'm so relieved that it was just kidney stones!! So happy to hear your husband is feeling much better!! SFR

buddy

glad he is better. didyou save the stones? not to be weird, but my dad had his analyzed to see what foods to avoid etc. I guess if they are calcium they can reduce intake, I am sure others here can say if that is so or not.... It is just what I remember that he said.

Steely

tee hee - makes me giggle. I can't tell you how many times I have gone into a Dr and said I 'know' it is 'X' and he said no it is 'Z' - and they run tests, and it is, yep, 'X'.

Sometimes I think life experience can go farther than book experience. Plus Dr probably didn't clue in as quickly because he is not a urologist.

I had constant blood on vacation a couple of years ago, and didn't even worry. I knew. Got to the Dr., a week later, and yep, a stone. Glad your husband could pass it on his own - albeit super painful - surgery is not fun either.

HUGS.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad he is better. My dad really scared me as a kid when he had them.

Docs not only are human, they have things they want to diagnosis and often see them even if it is something else. We spend a LOT more time with ourselves/spouses/kids and we look things up. Docs mostly think they already know. So it isn't a surprise if Dr. Mom or a group of Dr. Moms are more accurate, at least not to me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As far as the doctor is concerned.........

I've went nose to nose with many a doctor over blood in the urine being stones. So he's certainly not the only one. And if he's not a urologist, then it rarely occurs to them.....they'll come up with some wild things for it to be other than the obvious. But blood in the urine is almost always a stone, sometimes a severe infection.

If it's something you've dealt with before, you just never forget.

I'm glad he was able to pass them. (I have never in my life been able to pass one) Congratulate him upon "giving birth".....it's as close as he'll get to knowing how that felt for you. lol

And give him a big hug for me cuz his weekend had to be downright miserable.

Hugs