husband update

crazymama30

husband missed his appointment, he has had so little sleep I just could not rouse him. His buddy had a sick child, so he could not come help as he is a single dad.

I called psychiatrist, and he had me do some medication changes. If husband gets too out of control over the weekend I am to call the police who will transport him to hospital and then call psychiatrist. If we make it through the weekend I am to call psychiatrist on Monday and go back to most of the regular medications on Monday.

Please pray hard. I am not sure how this will go.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How much of this does husband know, or is allowed to know?

Saying prayers that the medication tweak gets you all safely through the weekend, and that he can try again next week to get in for an appointment.

(((Hugs)))

crazymama30

I tried to explain it to him and he swore and went into bathroom. Not sure at this point what will happen. I guess it is a waiting game? psychiatrist does not work on Fridays, so it will be a long weekend. I hope I do not have to call police, husband does NOT know about that. If I do that it will send him bollistic.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Have you contacted the police about their medical transport policy? You might want to touch base with someone there BEFORE you need to call so that you know what to say and what to expect. And definitely out of earshot of husband.

crazymama30

Good idea gcv. I might have to do that in the morning before he wakes up. He is up and in rare form right now. I am now not sure if he will even take his medications now. This could be really interesting. It all feels kinda surreal right now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Take the kids to the library and have them go look for books while you sit in the car and talk the p.d.

crazymama30

After he chilled out he called me into the bedroom and asked if I called psychiatrist and said he was not going to make his appointment. I said yes, and that psychiatrist told me to change some medications. husband said why? I said psychiatrist thinks your manic, but I said that I did not tell him that I just told psychiatrist how he was acting. husband asked if the medications were going to knock him out if he took the morning and evening medications so close. I said that I told psychiatrist he had not taken the morning medications yet and psychiatrist said to take both doses. I said the morning should not knock him out but that the evening ones should but we want him to get knocked out at night so that's ok. I just checked, and husband took his medications. So for now, it is ok. Not perfect at all but ok. Let's hope he takes them all weekend.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Whew! I've been holding my breath as I read your post... Hopefully he sleeps tonight with the medications. Lack of sleep can certainly make things worse.

Make sure you take some time to blow off your own steam with all this going on. I know from experience how stressful it is and the toll it can take on the caregiver's health.