Husbands and the stupid little things they do that drive us INSANE!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband was pretty good about hygeine stuff like clipping his toenails. *I* am the one who grows 'dragon claws' (that's actually a GENETIC abnormality and the gene for it has been isolated)

If I stay on top of the situation, I can usually manage to keep the claws under some control with my DOG'S nail clippers. The dog thinks I've lost my mind, LoL.

However, I use a podiatrist every couple of months to get my pedicure. I don't need polish or buffing or cuticle stuff done. I just need the claws cut back. Because of the way my nails grow down over the ends of my toes, it is very hard for me to clip them without cutting myself in the process.

KTMom91

Hubby never warned me that he would spend about an hour a day in the bathroom, forcing the rest of us to wait (we only have one bathroom)...and then I discover...he's checking his email! Um, we have a computer in the living room...but he says he's comfortable. I don't think I even want to know why the toilet seat is more comfortable than a desk chair.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
KTMom. I am surprised that husband's rump doesn't go numb while he's sitting on the throne checking his e-mail.

I guess that's the modern day version of husband's heading off the bathroom with the latest issue of Nat' Geographic under one arm.

Up until we got the house in the 90s, we always only had one bathroom. I used to have to keep a close eye on his whereabouts in the AM so as to beat him to the bathroom.

At least in the house we had two bathrooms, and I was able to handle the long trek up a narrow flight of stairs to use the 2nd bathroom if needed.

Nowadays I'd probably pee on the floor or something...sigh

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My peeve is the nose and ear hairs! husband doesn't seem to care about them. He's 6'3 and I'm only 5'5 so I look right up into his nose. OMG! I can't imagine what his co-workers must think! I tell him to trim those stinkers, but he never does......every few months I get so disgusted that I end up doing it myself. ick.................

OMG, yes! This is my pet peeve about H's personal hygiene!! He's a very clean guy, always showers before hitting the sheets and takes overall good care of his body - no worries there. BUT, TRIM YOUR NOSE HAIRS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, MAN!! I've tried subtle hints, to no avail. Now I just ask him if he'd like me to braid those babies hanging out. Ew.

Also, he's got Abe Vigoda-like eyebrows. He claims it is unnatural to trim the brows because they keep the sun from damaging our retinas. He works outdoors most of the year, so I can see his point - he refuses to wear a hat!). When I can't stand it any longer, I plop down on his lap with a brow trimmer, or, as he calls it, a coochy trimmer. Anyway, it works. But I literally have to argue with him to sit still so I can trim them...they get to be about 1" long before he will let me cut them back, like hedges.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Jo...I'm with you sista!

husband HAS a nose hair trimmer and uses it....occasionally. You know....like for those times when his nose hairs start to blend in with his mustache. He also has what I call crazy old man eyebrows. I trim them periodically and the last time, he had me trim the hairs in his ears. Ew. I'm thinking of having my cousin stop in sometime when I know husband will be home. She's a beautician and I THINK if we can put him on the spot, she would be able to wax those ear hairs. I'd like to try to do something about his uni-brow too but I think it's best to just surprise him with one thing at a time.

Now.....if I could just get him to stop asking ME to shave that hair sprouting on his (way) lower back. :sick:

DammitJanet

LMAO! I guess Im lucky. Tony has little facial hair. Its an Indian thing. Or at least, his sort of Indian thing. He does have the mustache but it took him forever to grow and he doesnt ever cut it. I think he cut it once or twice since I have known him.

His toenails are bad too. His socks are horrible. We go through them fast. I always figured it was because he works on his feet in boots all day.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm not sure who howls worse in our home at nail clipper time the dog or DF. If Casper even sees the dog nail clippers he runs out the dog door and makes himself :invisible:. If DF sees me coming with the nail clippers he says "Oh I don't think they're THAT bad." and yet each time I have to start with the pinkey toe because each cheapo nail clipper only has 2 good clips left by the time I get to the toes. And by the time I get to his 2nd toe? It's shot - twice they've literally broken into pieces and I just buy them at the Dollar store....because you couldn't use them again.

If I ever NEEDED a weapon - I wouldn't take a knife- I'd just use one or two of those toenails. :ninja: Hiiiiiiiyah!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Revlon used to sell a toenail nippers. It was basically a minature sheet metal style cutters mounted on a scissors handle.

The big secret to using this is to not try to get the entire naile at once. You sort of have to "nibble" away at it (there's a visual to help us stick to our diets)

If you are diabetic or have any form of neuropathy, you MUST have your toenails cilipped by a podiatrist.

It's moer expensive but it beats the very real possibility of losing a limb.

trinityroyal

I just set husband down in the big soaker tub and "man-scape" him. Brows, nose, ears, toes. Whatever it takes. He thinks it's foreplay. More like, I-won't-play-until-you're-groomed.

I have...um...idiosyncratic (read deformed, required surgical intervention) toes and toenails, so the man-feet just don't faze me.

Trinity

flutterby

Fly away!
They're definitely need to be an EWWWWWW warning on this thread. I was eating when I read it and had to stop. Eating and reading, both. :sick:

My first husband had the claws. He would kick me in his sleep and draw blood. My second always had some kind of athlete's foot going on and he would rub and rub between his toes and all of this gross, dead skin would be all over the floor. :sick::sick::sick:

I've never liked men's feet anyway. They're just ugly. Men should not be allowed to wear sandals.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I just set husband down in the big soaker tub and "man-scape" him. Brows, nose, ears, toes. Whatever it takes. He thinks it's foreplay. More like, I-won't-play-until-you're-groomed.

I have...um...idiosyncratic (read deformed, required surgical intervention) toes and toenails, so the man-feet just don't faze me.

Trinity

I just about peed myself reading this. Foreplay - bahahahahahaa

Abbey

Spork Queen
H has wild man eyebrows. No hair on his head...it migrated to his eyebrows. I've even tried to clip them when he's asleep. He's always so worried about looking young to be a DJ. Well, dear...here's a good place to start. CLIP THE THINGS!!

Abbey