Hypnotherapy

S

snowbash169

Hi I am in Australia (It seems like everyone is in the US) and I had a question in regards to Oppositional Definant Disorder. Has anyone tried hypnotherapy. Ofcourse I don't mean taking your child to a hypnotheripst (cause I have tried that and he was resistant) I have just purchased a CD "Subliminal Brainwave Entrainment CD" specifically for ODD? I am curious if anyone else has tried using this. I am going to give it a go tonight a while he is already asleep and play it and play it each night for atleast 6 weeks. I am willing to try anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a son, although he's 23 now, who has ODD. My advice is to try everything. And good luck! This site really helped me grow a backbone in dealing with him. And the "do to get", tough love approach worked for us. He was 18 when I found this site, so he was quite challenging, but now he's doing well, still ODD, but gets along well with us, and is very close to his brothers.
We tried many things, family members thought we are bad parents, of course they all have perfect children and have no IDEA that difficult child was just "like that" and it wasn't our fault. And not just family members, teachers, Dr's......neighbors...everyone....don't listen to them, you know everything you do is out of LOVE. And, don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake, we're only human. -Alyssa

KTMom91

I would give it a try. Subliminal messages worked with my brother, helping him pass college Physics the third time around, and also helped my mom quit smoking. If it works, great. If not, try something else.