Hypothyroid

crazymama30

Just curious, I am guessing others on the board have low thyroids, or know something about them. This is the first time I have ever had symptoms, and it is not fun. I also have a head ache. Is this part of the thyroid thing? I go to the doctor tommorrow, went to the ER on Monday. I have had this head ache 9 days. It goes away for a few hours, but always comes back. I do not get head aches!!! I am tired of this.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I have never really gotten headaches from low thyroid but I suppose it can be different for each person. I've always just had the pretty typical symptoms....weight gain, always cold, sluggish mind and body, etc. Are you on any medications or changed them recently? HOpefully the doctor can give you some relief and you'll feel better soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry you are feeling so sick. I never have had headaches from the hypothyroidism but actually never noticed any symptoms at all. The doctor found in a regular blood test. With two other of my glands having failed they always check the others as well and just found it one day. My husband and my sister both had more symptoms than me.

crazymama30

I never had symptoms before either, but man do they hoover big time. They found my problem because my thyroid gland had a nodule. I am tired--sluggish mind and body, kinda cold, head ache on and off, and man am I irritable and impatient. I am really having to try to keep myself in check. I am on medications (112mcg synthroid) and have not had it changed for years. I hope they up it. I have been wondering for a while if I was getting depressed, but now I wonder if it was the thyroid?

Does stress trigger the thryroid to drop? I am off to google that.