I am a tremendously BAD PARENT!

nvts

AH took the kids from 10 o'clock this morning for their 1st overnight with him since he moved out 15 mos. ago. They're not coming back until 5 o'clock tomorrow afternoon.

I don't feel bad...I don't miss anyone...I told my best friend that I wouldn't ride to the hospital to wait for her neice to give birth (I don't even know the girl)...I prayed that the guy I'm sort o' seeing wouldn't ask to come over (he said he had a headache and I JUMPED on it... "sorry! I totally understand...no, you don't have to come over...it's no big deal!"...

and I'm not sorry for one bit of it...I haven't been alone in almost 20 years except for a few hours here and there...

I have cracked myself a "Mikes Hard Lemonaid", lit candles all around the pool, turned off the deck lights and I'm going to "sip and float" ALONE! Moohahaha!

"You're a bad mommy, Beth...a BAD mommy!!!"

WHO CARES!!!!:choir:

Beth

H

HaoZi

Woohoo! If I didn't have to work in the morning I'd virtually drink one with you.

crazymama30

Not a bad mommy, not a bad mommy! Right now, dtr is with friends, husband took difficult child son camping, and I am all alone and was alone all last night!!!!

T

TeDo

I am soooooo jealous of you both. My kids are 13 and I'm beginning to realize my "quiet time" will be when they move out of the house (yes, I dream BIG). Have one for me!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Enjoy every single moment.

You're not a bad Mommy, you're a Mommy in bad need of a break once in a while. Nothing wrong with that.

When the kids were little I had a strictly enforced bedtime that allowed me 2-3 hrs of peace and quiet before bed. Since husband either worked 2nd shift or had to get up at 4am for 1st shift.....that and school gave me much needed alone time.

That stopped when they became teens. I'm still waiting to get it back. ugh lol I really miss it.

trinityroyal

Beth, I hope you had a lovely evening and that you're sleeping in, reading, or whatever other thing you enjoy but can't get time for when all the children are around.
Trinity

Mattsmom277

If you're a bad parent, we ALL are ;). Hope you are enjoying your alone time! It has only been since Matt moved across the country that we have had a night alone here. Probably a good 6 years or more since a night without him at home. He never once slept out the past 6 years or so. Since easy child splits her time 50/50 between home and her dads, S/O and I are now having some kidless down time and we LOVE it! And as much as S/O never tire of each others company, I do look forward to a weekend he goes fishing or something and easy child is also gone. The house to myself? Oh the life!

Have a dip in that pool and a sip of a adult beverage to me. Cheers :)

Lothlorien

You definitely need more nights like that! Good for you! I'm glad you found some time for yourself and enjoyed every minute of it!