I am a...................................

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMIST

:smile:

I completed the schooling/clinicals back in July. But have been waiting ALL this time for them to change my grade from incomplete in phlebotomy to the actual grade (A) and send me my certificate. The incomplete was because our clinicals ran over into summer quarter.

I called the college several times and they kept giving me a song and dance. So I finally got mad last week and emailed the director of the program (who also happened to have been one of my professors lol) and told them the problem I was having.

She took care of it for me. Today I recieved my grade card and my official certificate for phlebotomy. My grade point average is now..... 3.666. (notice the 666 part lol)

Now I also received along with the other a long decorative type rope. My first thought was.....hmmmmm, did they send along the rope so that if I didn't like my grades I could hang myself with it?? :rofl:

But no, it dawned on me it's for being an honor student. lol (It was to drape over the shoulders while wearing the gown at graduation.)

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME!!! I have a fav phlebotomist at my rheumy doctor's. She is so fun. I call her "Neato Mosquito". Last time I was in near halloween she had a black cape on, aka vampire!!!

I hope it brings you much happiness and fun!!

KFld

You got an A!! I feel like one of my kids just handed me their report card. I'm so proud of you :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
:vampire: BLAH BLAH ........said in my worst transylvanian accent -

Good for you my friend. I am most proud of your accomplishments.

WAY TO GO GIRL.....So will this promotion make you a VAIN/VEIN person?

(I couldn't resist) - snort.

WAY TO GO KIDDO!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: Very impressive. Best of luck with your new career. It's great to see one of our own achieve new skills.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Lisa, that's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bravo: :smile: :bravo: :smile: :bravo:

Big hugs,
Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:vampire: Congrats! I hate getting my blood drawn, but good for you! :bravo:

difficult child wants to be a phlebotomist. Was it an intense course of study?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks everyone. :smile:

Jo

I think it depends on where you live. In some states you can take just a course in phlebotomy, do the clinical hours, and be certified, others you might still be trained on the job, and still others have to take a full year of other courses along with the phlebotomy.

I did the latter. Although I didn't know at the time I could've just taken the darn phlebotomy course. But for someone with no medical education at all, it's probably the best way to go. I have LPN training and was irritated because I could've handled the course just fine without all of the other courses. It wasn't as intense say as one of the nursing programs. Most people tended to have the most problem with medical terminology. But the trick to that is to learn all your prefixes and your suffixes.

It feels good to have accomplished a goal. :smile:

Now back to school next quarter. lol I'm taking the pre-recs for the RN program, as well as courses in the Medical Assisting program since I can't decide which way I want to jump quite yet. lol :geek:

Hugs

Sunlight

I too was thinking along the vampire lines...lol
I am so proud of you! I also am going to avoid you...ick...I hate blood draws.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You can do the blood draws for all of our kids!!! Just hold still while Auntie Lisa gets a little blood... simple!
Congratulations!