I am about to EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keista

Every few months, all the planets seem to align in such a way that the Universe decide to dump a butt-load of defecation on me. It usually lasts for about 2-3 days max. This time, we're up to a full week with no end in sight.

The latest in this barrage came in the form of an email from son's science teacher to the ESE coordinator forwarded to me by the ESE coordinator.

Son has chosen to take another zero.
Nothing has changed - I cannot force him into lab.

I spoke to this teacher last Friday regarding his issues with group work (labs are done in groups). He knows he MUST make a concerted effort to participate in the lab groups, and last year he did. However, this year the class right before science is World History, and that teacher is using a group teaching model. So, son was overwhelmed to the point of shutting down by that and then has to go to a second class (science) and do more group work. Well, I emailed the history teacher, and he immediately accommodated son out of the groups with the hope that he could eventually transition into doing at least 'some' work in the groups by the end of the semester - PERFECT. That started Monday, and son had come home and told me about it and then told me that he did participate in the science labs that day as well.

So I was quite surprised when I received a grade update from the science teacher, and it only showed 2 grades - both were As for Monday's work. Hmmmmmmmmmm she told me he had gotten zeros (plural) the previous week. WTF? And now this email!

I started composing a response, but after 1/2 hour of writing and re-writing, I did not get past "Can we first PLEASE make it clear that son does NOT "CHOOSE" to accept a zero."

So I called the ESE lady instead. She's supposed to try and schedule a meeting for tomorrow during the teacher's planning period. Oh, it's right now, why don't you give her a call now as well? OK, I did, and it turns out she doesn't have any planning periods. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

This is just the latest in a long list of crapola that I have been subjected to. I thought finding out this morning that someone went in my car and stole a carton of smokes and the change that was in the tray was going to be the last of it, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Calgon can't touch this. Yesterday I actually found myself wishing that I could drink myself silly - forget being responsible and life in general for at least a while - but no, I have no desire to do so and certainly won't force myself to. Ironically as well, although I'm still smoking, I haven't upped that like I used to do in times of such stress.

InsaneCdn

I'm trying to find ways to change the angle of the blades on the fan - so that when the agricultural hits the proverbial, it at least won't ALL land on ME.

My turn is coming at the end of the month.

L

Liahona

I'm sorry things are so bad for you right now. I can only send support and wishes that things were better.