I am beyond stunned!!

PatriotsGirl

I just talked to the court solicitor - my difficult child is going to court TODAY. They are offering her a program. She said they are basically keeping her until she accepts!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. My prayers are really being answered. Someone is HELPING and their goal is for her to KEEP her baby. She is going to have the lawyer that is handling the case call me back later with the details and which program. I am crying tears of joy....thank you GOD....

recoveringenabler

Staff member
This is wonderful news. So, it is voluntary but they are not giving her a choice, she has to accept or stay in jail? Where will she be once she is out of jail, in a Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? This looks like a really well run program, I am impressed. You did good Mom. Sending prayers that all of this goes smoothly for you and your difficult child and her baby..............hugs...............Good job.

PatriotsGirl

This is wonderful news. So, it is voluntary but they are not giving her a choice, she has to accept or stay in jail? Where will she be once she is out of jail, in a Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? This looks like a really well run program, I am impressed. You did good Mom. Sending prayers that all of this goes smoothly for you and your difficult child and her baby..............hugs...............Good job.

Yup - lol. She voluntarily goes in to teh program or voluntarliy stays in jail. :) Either way, she is away from drugs!! I am pretty lucky that she is in the county that she is in. I am very impressed so far...I am thinking if she accepts, they will put her into a rehab!! I should know more after court - I am sitting here on pins and needles...

Mattsmom277

Wow! I am beyond stunned too. This sounds like a blessing in disguise. Jail cannot be a more viable option than this wonderful program. I am sure she will see it the same way. This is so wonderful. Keep us updated!

Nancy

That is a very comprehensive and impressive program. I wish we had that available here and everywhere. This is very good news PG, you deserve some.

My suggestion to you is to stay out of the way and let them do their job, they sound like they know what they are doing. Stay in contact with her lawyer and take their advice.. I'm crossing all body parts for you and difficult child.

everywoman

I am so very relieved!!! I know that it is an answer to a prayer. I hope she is willing to accept the chance they are giving her.

PatriotsGirl

To be honest - I can't picture her saying no - but who knows....

She did talk about going back to rehab - well, now she will have that chance!

I am just really hoping that THEY put her in a program...that is the part I am trying to figure out....

Calamity Jane

Wow. I really hope she chooses the program and STICKS with it, for her sake as well as baby's. If she goes to the program, will M. be able to influence her (I mean in a negative way) to leave the program and be with him?

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
That looks like a really great program, and I like that they randomly visit and check everyone in the home, so I hope if he stays involved they'll listen to you and make sure they catch him around at some point and test him, too. I hope she chooses this program instead of jail.

PatriotsGirl

M is really excited about the opportunity presented and is praying that she takes it, too. He said with her in the program and him on probation it is about time they change their lives. He said they really need to come together as a family and he swears to do his part. He says he loves her more than I know and misses her deeply but that he knows and agrees this is the absolute best thing that could happen for her as long as she submits and is willing to take the help...which we all pray she does...

Man, I wish I would hear something - it is killing me not knowing what is going on!!!!

PatriotsGirl

Found this on the website so it seems to me they do pay for it?

Substance Abuse Evaluation/Referral is funded by revenues generated from the Drug, Alcohol, Treatment, and Education (D.A.T.E.) fund. Revenue is generated from fees collected for some drug and alcohol abuse cases filed and by defendants ordered by the courts to undergo drug/alcohol evaluations and drug testing. After initial evaluation, if a person is determined to have a substance abuse problem, the individual will select an approved treatment provider. The Substance Abuse Service office schedules the initial appointment for them and the probation officer is notified of the appointment time and location. Substance Abuse Services takes an active role in monitoring treatment for the duration of the process.