I. Am. Done.

smallworld

But who's counting?

In all seriousness, I thought Duckie was doing better. Has GFGness reared its ugly head? Inquiring minds want to know . . .

tiredmommy

Yes... but our schedule is finally getting to me and family (in-laws) are in town this weekend. Everything is suddenly nuts around here...

I can't take the pressure! Ugh!:capitulate:

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's a good thing to have school/vacation/school/vacation. It varies the irritators.
You guys keep a pretty crazy schedule. It's bound to catch up to all of you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, leave Duckie with the inlaws one night and go out to dinner with the hubby.

AHHHHHHHH LOTHLORIEN SPEAKS SUCH SAGE ADVICE - I VOTE HER QUEEN! ;)

HANG IN THERE TIRED MOMMIE!!!!!! (passes birthday cupcake) :laugh:
(Sprinkles MAGIC AUNTIE STAR FAIRY DUST ON THE DUCKMONSTER) - guaranteed to work ;)

Nancy

When I read the subject of your post I thought that was exactly how I fell. It's sad to look forward to summer vacation ending. Isn't that a little mixed up?

Nancy

N

Nomad

I don't recall the details (I'm sorry) right now...but if my inlaws were able to watch difficult child now and again, I would have taken advantage of it. Do you or your husband have that kind of relationship with them were you could be honest? Maybe you could do something special for them in return? Make a special meal, for example. You surely need respite and judging from the title of your post...you need it now!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I sympathize about inlaw stress. Mine are gearing up to come out here AGAIN for another Vegas trip and hinting at wanting to stay with us, even teasing with an offer to watch our kids overnight (HA!! As if I'd ever let them do that again after mother in law slapped difficult child 2 last time she attempted to "babysit"). But that would mean I'd have to bust my bum to get our "guest" room livable, and frankly, I'm not doing it. And even if I WANTED to do it, there's just not enough time.

Isn't it time to sit Duckie in front of the computer to compose an email to easy child again? :D Surely that would buy you a few minutes of calm!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am already sick of hearing about Halloween and Christmas already.
Little N has been spotting the catalogues in the mail! WHY do they send them so early?

My In-laws are set to be back in October... I am hoping maybe just maybe once they can watch the girls! Please.

TM I feel your pain! But we are back in School already.
It hasn't helped anything though.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. Duckie has slipped a bit this week. She goes for some routine allergy testing next week and hasn't had her Zyrtec since Wednesday night. She's clingy, talkative and squirrely. She was argumentative and difficult yesterday so she missed attending a classmate's birthday party today.

We ended up having the in-laws here which worked out well, except for having to push hard to get the house and yard cleaned up quickly. And I'll probably rot in hell for saying this but it went well because my mother in law didn't attend. My brother in law brought his 5 year old son into town from NC. They arrived Thursday and fly out on Saturday. My mother in law has been playing games with giving out information of brother in law's plans while he's here. She wouldn't give husband any specifics and didn't even tell husband's sister that brother in law was coming!

We received a phone call at 5:52pm on Thursday about going out to dinner that night; husband was working late while Duckie & I had already headed out to cheer practice. Then, my father in law called the house on Friday at 11:39am to talk to husband about going golfing at 12:30pm; husband was at work (of course).

So.... brother in law called his sister and husband around noon today to make sure he would see us and we threw together a quick pool party. I also made a point of telling brother in law that he needs to call us directly about his plans instead of going through his parents. He agreed.

So, Duckie was actually the lesser of two difficult children that I've been dealing with this week. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :hammer: