I am finding more and more foods that make me sick

DammitJanet

Last night we made chicken alfredo for dinner. Now I realize that doesnt sound like the most diet friendly food but considering it was one jar of sauce and one package of noodles and some chicken split between 4 adults and a toddler...well...not too badly. I got a small portion to eat (maybe a cup total) and when I was done I was in agony. Obviously the cream sauce didnt agree with me.

Now I did eat some steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with no problem.

It seems like my tummy is going to be making my change in eating habits much easier for me because if I put in anything it doesnt like it makes things very painful! Unfortunately it LIKED jelly beans and chocolate...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
mmmmm.....jelly beans. nom nom nom chocolate....

pft - broccoli.

I'm having a lean cuisine eggroll and rice for lunch - delicious.

Alfredo has milk junk in it - and SO do Cheetos - whoda thunk?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steamed broccoli is one of my fav foods. :spaghetti:

Okay, so I'm weird. Spinach is also a mega fav of mine. :rofl:

I like alfredo, but it doesn't like me either. So I add it to the menu very rarely. Mostly to break up the monotony of other foods.

Seems Aubrey is taking after Nana in her food tastes. She LOVES raw broccoli and califlower and baby carrots! You can't walk past her with any fruit without giving it to her. :rofl:

Getting sick off food will certainly change your attitude about them. I had major IBS trouble for years. Gave up Doritos, pizza, spagetti, sloppy joes, and tons of other food because it wasn't worth the pain after I ate it.

At the moment my kidneys can't handle ANY salt. So there went my only cheating snack, pretzels. They were my cheating snack because I hate the salt on them anyway and have always picked it off. Evidently that's not enough anymore, and by the time I hit the bed after eating some, I'm swollen and can barely breathe. Nope, just not worth it. Good thing the baby also love pretzels too.

Janet, I guess this is just nature's way of your body telling your brain it wants to eat healthy!!! Ok, not the way we want our bodies to clue us in, BUT, not too much you can do about it...

However, I'm proud of you!!! You've joined us and are doing a great job!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

Just think about how much better you'll soon be feeling... :you_go_girl: WFEN

It's the truth. Your body just knows. When your head is ready, when you have psyched yourself up and are in the right frame of mind, your body just knows to go with it.

When I first got out of the hospital, I had been on a low fat/ low cholesterol/ low sodium diet for 5 days, not even by choice, that is just what the doctors ordered for me. So when I got home, I was literally craving fruits and veggies. The thought of junk food made me sick. Wish that stuck around a little longer. As soon as the "I'm not smoking" pangs kicked in, I was off to the races and eating junk food again.

But here I am again, very psyched, and Tink & I together are trying to find produce that we both like. Time to get healthy!

M

ML

The best diet advice I ever heard is vey basic:

If it tastes good, spit it out. If it doesn't taste good, your'e probably ok to eat it!

TerryJ2

LOL, Michele!

Janet, could you be lactose intolerant? That could be a major dietary change right there.

Janet.

You know how I have been posting about asthma and allergies and wondering what the heck was happening to me?

I stopped using Claritin and I AM FEELING BETTER.

Could you have developed an allergy to one of your medications?

I used the Claritin for something like six years.

When I look back on it now, I think I started having trouble last Winter ~ couldn't breathe sometimes, seemed to be allergic to wheat.

And dairy.

And sugar.

And chemical cleaners.

The list of things I seemed to have a reaction from grew and grew and grew.

Could a medication you are taking be the cause of the current difficulties with food?

I only stopped the Clairitin six days ago, so I could be very wrong ~ but the difference in the way I feel is striking.

It turns out that one of the more severe side-effects of Claritin can be bronchospasm.

Whether the Lyme's keyed in multiple allergies or whether I developed an allergy to this medication because of the length of time I took it, that seems to have been the base of the problem for me.

Barbara

Barbara,

I had no idea that it's possible to develop an allergy to Claritin. I've been taking it for at least four years now mostly in the winter months. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the info. WFEN

You're welcome.

It's supposed to happen very rarely. And the thing is, any of us can develop an allergy to any medication at any time.

I just never thought to stop it when I began having these problems.

It never even occurred to me to do so.

Until more time has passed, I really won't know for sure?

But while I still tighten up depending on what I have eaten (or something ~ this is all so frustrating!!!) I can breathe and feel that I am getting air.

Here is another thing I learned yesterday (sorry Janet ~ don't mean to take over your thread here).

Anyway.

An allergy to peanuts is often accompanied by an allergy to...soy.

Who knew?!?

Barbara

DammitJanet

I tend to think I am lactose intolerant but it may be a medication...I sure hope not! I have stopped most if not all dairy that I can think of except for cheeses. They have never seemed to bother me however now other things seem to be bothering me.

I really do not want to go through a whole GI series either. Im a chicken when it comes to medical procedures. Hand me a ton of pills and I will happily take them but dont stick tubes down or up me...lol.