I am fulfilled

slsh

member since 1999
Teen girl :angrygirl:*screaming* at the top of her lungs "I HATE YOU" (for the first time - I'm sure not the last) in a van on the way to school, and then proceeding on to list all my deficiencies (and may I just say I have a *very* impressive and stupendously long list of flaws - esp since the ride to school is 5 mins max), how I don't love her, how I can't wait for her to leave for college, how she's never coming home, yada yada yada yada.

Unfortunately, I got the giggles when she hit the part about how I have no clue how she feels or what her struggles are because I was a teen so long ago it's completely irrelevant. Diva and I are so alike it's scary, right down to screaming at our mothers. Sigh.... what a perfectly *lousy* way to start the day, especially when it's the third of 4 days this week when I have had the benefit of my beloved daughter's insight into my many shortcomings. I swear, if she tells me one more time that I've ruined her life by having Boo and thank you (seriously?!?!?!?)..... I'm going to implode.

They should hand out sedatives to parents (for personal use) of girls once the girls hit 11. Days/weeks/months like this make me thankful for old thank you, who I think severed several of my neural connections due to verbal abuse. ;) Diva will take care of the few that remain. :bloodshot:

tiredmommy

Just remember: you probably are not being a good parent if they angry with you at least part of the time. by the way, I'm flawed as all get out according to Duckie (and she's eleven! :rolleyes:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sounds to me like you need the "good doctor".

You know - the one who Rx's valium for the kids...

:hugs: been there done that, and I love that you are keeping your sense of humor!!

Lothlorien

They should hand out sedatives to parents (for personal use) of girls once the girls hit 11.
Amen, sister!!!! Thank God for the bus! I don't have to hear that tirade in the morning. I get to hear it later in the afternoon, much closer to the time when I can have a glass of wine, if needed! LOL

buddy

Great Idea, we take them for their physical at that age...............and there should be a parent survival bag full of rx goodies handed out....

slsh

member since 1999
One word, ladies - Bailey's (though unfortunately *not* in the morning.):coffee2:

Loth - I would *pay* to have her take a bus. Unfortunately, it's Mom's Taxi service for the next 2 years, but I'm telling you, she hits junior year in HS, she's getting a car just so I can avoid the diatribes, LOL. I fantasized about having Weeburt drive her to HS next year, but that's so unfair to him. He deserves to be able to enjoy his senior year relatively unscathed by her ever-so-frequent rants. :rofl:

Hope2

bluemoon
I am new to this group and enjoying every minute I read posts this AM....I love the person who puts his kid on the bus...maybe that would be and answer to avoid listening to the verbal abuse...mmm...but probably would get it at home about having to use the bus....I grew up in a time when you wouldn't raise your voice to your Mom or Dad ..or any adult.....and for the love of me I can't remember what kept us in line????? Can anyone tell me where to learn the abbreviations used in the posts....and how to start a new Thread...I am not real good with a computer and can't figure those two questions out...sorry to ask those questions here but don't know how to start that new thread....

buddy

I am new to this group and enjoying every minute I read posts this AM....I love the person who puts his kid on the bus...maybe that would be and answer to avoid listening to the verbal abuse...mmm...but probably would get it at home about having to use the bus....I grew up in a time when you wouldn't raise your voice to your Mom or Dad ..or any adult.....and for the love of me I can't remember what kept us in line????? Can anyone tell me where to learn the abbreviations used in the posts....and how to start a new Thread...I am not real good with a computer and can't figure those two questions out...sorry to ask those questions here but don't know how to start that new thread....

HI hope2 abbreviations that are underlined will define themselves when you put your cursor on them. difficult child is gift from god and the word used for our kids who have behavioral challenges.

To start a new thread go under each forum....general or substance abuse or parent emeritus....which ever is most applicable to what your topic is (dont worry if you are not sure, people will help guide you and you will still get responses, general parenting is a pretty good start if you do not know)....Watercooler is for other life topics because we need that too, right????

You will see at the top of each forum POST NEW THREAD and you can go from there.

If you look under settings you will see on the left a place to set up a signature so that over time we can remember who you are and your parenting situation.....

We generally do not use identifying information here, many of us have sensitive topics so it helps to protect our kiddos.

Welcome! Start a new thread and introduce yourself!!!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Sounds like what I experienced the other day in my thread over in PE forum. I'll just give you hugs as I've bdtd and have the t=shirt to prove it times 2 (though 1 is far worse then the other and she is 20).

InsaneCdn

And... you don't even have to have a difficult child daughter to go through this.
Your odds corelate almost directly with the degree to which mother and daughter are alike.
It settles down... when the daughter gets somewhere between 25 and 30, often coinciding with becoming a mother...

Hope2

bluemoon
Thanks for the info buddy..it will help me get around and understand a bit more...I have to tell all of you that this morning I woke up feeling so alone and sad..concerning my adult grandson.....and then I found this site..gives me hope and knowledge that I am not alone...Thanks for being here!!!!

busywend

Sniff, Sniff....your little girl is growing up....you got the first I HATE YOU!!!! It gets easier! ;)

Seriously, this is why I let difficult child wear her earbuds on the way to school. I had people suggest it would be a good time to have nice mother/daughter time. NOT!! She can stay silent listening to her music. Just fine by me!