I am SO exhausted...vent

KTMom91

I didn't sleep last night. That hasn't happened since I discovered the wonders of Ambien, and I don't know why it happened last night. All I know is the room was hot, then it was cold, I couldn't get comfortable at all, and because Hubby dropped the mattress on the hose for my CPAP and broke it spectacularly while attempting to shoo two of the panther boys out from under the bed, he gave me his hose. Nice gesture, yes, I agree...BUT now his snoring is off the flippin' charts. The horrible noise even creeps through my nice new earplugs. And to top it off, he kept kicking me with his scaly man feet and puncturing me with the dinosaur claws he won't cut. He was most insulted when I kicked him back.

And then I went to work. Fourth grade. A nice, easy, though VERY LONG day because I am tired. Went to pay a bill and look for summer clothes with Miss KT after school. Found some shorts and tops that I'm pleased with. Came home and basically fell on the couch gulping iced tea because it was close on 90 degrees today. Hubby comes home all cheerful and wants to go to Farmer's Market. Seriously? I HURT. I got up at 5:30 am THURSDAY and haven't slept yet. But then I remembered that it was blueberry season. I love blueberries. Motivation.

Got my flat of berries, got my raw milk, got some lettuce and green onions and a blueberry-lemon scone, Hubby got corn on a stick, and I had to stop by my friend's new store, where she sells knitting supplies and teaches classes, to pet the yarn. I love yarn. It's soft and comes in pretty colors. She's going to teach me how to knit because I do not remember, and then I am going to make a hat for Miss KT.

My plan was to go to bed (do not pass go, do not collect 200 snores or kicks with scaly man feet) and sleep away a large portion of Saturday, but my friend B called me. She's at home after her stroke, and she needs a ride to the hospital at 6 in the morning to get her medications refilled. I need to go grocery shopping, and I want Miss KT to go along to do the heavy lifting. Also need to go to Target and get something to hold my summer clothes till I find room.

I feel nearly brain dead, but still my mind keeps spinning and making lists, writing reviews, and carrying on conversations with various people in my head. I just want to sleep. Comfortably and peacefully. No snoring in my ear, no kicks from scaly man feet, no blood drawn from the rough and pointy dinosaur claws stabbing my feet and ankles. Just sleep.

Malika

"and because Hubby dropped the mattress on the hose for my CPAP and broke it spectacularly while attempting to shoo two of the panther boys out from under the bed, he gave me his hose."

Could I have a translation of this please?!

Hope you get some good, restful, restorative sleep soon...

flutterby

Fly away!
The more sleep deprived I am, the harder it is to go to sleep. Sleep deprivation does weird things to your brain. I hope you are now in dreamland. Run your errands tomorrow, then take the rest of the day off.

KTMom91

Malika, our bed is wedged in an alcove created when the bathroom was added to the house (I believe), and the only way to get a panther boy (aka black cat) out from under the bed is to lift the mattress and box spring up. When Hubby lifted the mattress/box spring up, he dropped it, and the corner caught on the air hose from my CPAP machine, smashing it into several pieces. Since Hubby also has a CPAP, he took the hose off his machine and put it on mine until he could get another hose.

Just got back from taking B and her hubby to the hospital. I'm so glad she didn't want me to wait with her. I don't wait well. I told her I'd pick them up when she's done, so I should be able to get some stuff done here at home.

pepperidge

maybe hubby needs a nice man pedicure somewhere? I've got the scaly feet husband too....I got him some foot recovery cream or some such thing. It helps. I have trouble also turning off all the busy-ness in my head as well. Hope you get some rest this weekend....