I am so irritable I could bite the heads off nails

DammitJanet

I think I understand homicidal rage right now. I have no idea why I am so angry, irritable, bitter, depressed, enraged, did I say ANGRY? Nothing pleases me. If I cant find something the second I look for it, I am throwing things around. I cant say one nice word. I havent bathed in weeks. (sorry too much information) I just cant be bothered. If someone cuts me off in traffic...well its a good thing the only weapon at my disposal is my fingers!

I am not taking anything new in the medication department except they upped my pain medications. I cant imagine that would do it. Seems being in less pain should make me a bit happier. Except Im not really in less pain. I forget to take the darn things on time because I cant take them and drive my stupid errands so I have to wait till all my "duties" are done, the go home to take them...go to bed...rest, the rest of my family carries on doing squat while Im not there to make sure they do something...and the cycle starts again. It seems Im always being awakened to take someone somewhere that I just dont want to do!

Im resentful as Hell! Everyone has a life but me.

Ok...vent over

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I could be wrong, but I think some pain medications can mess with your head in more ways than one and cause irritability... what are you taking?

Sorry things are such a struggle for you right now :( You need a break.

DammitJanet

Im just taking lorcets...3 times a day and they didnt make me this cranky when I took this many when my tooth was killing me. My previous script was for 1 pill as needed for pain...he gave me 45 a month so I rarely took more than 1 a day. When I had a really bad toothache about a month or so ago I went through about a week when I was taking them every 6 hours. Now the script is for one pill three times a day. Heavens...I have been on much stronger pain medications and have been happy! Im wondering if I need my lamictal increased...my klonopin increased...add some tequila...some haldol...something!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Im resentful as Hell! Everyone has a life but me.

Janet, I think that's it in a nutshell. You're looking out for everyone in the family, plus being their transportation ect, and no one is looking out for you.

I went thru a spell of plain ol' resentment not too long ago. Wouldn't take a whole lot to toss me right back into it either.

Our days are similar in that our kids depend on us for transport due to lack of public transportation, and our families take us for granted.:greedy:

I thank God someone in our town wised up and opened a taxi service. They have no idea how much they've helped me even if Travis doesn't use them often. And Nichole has been told in no uncertain terms that I do not plan to be her transport to college this summer. She is able bodied and can get her license and drive that darn car she bought!

Is there any possible way someone else could take over at least part of the driving for you?

Sending huge (((hugs))) I feel your frustration, literally.

meowbunny

I'd guess it's a combination of things -- chronic pain, the fact you feel unappreciated at home, the bigger fact no one is really helping you and just general yuks. Put them all together and you have a grumpy Janet.

Nothing personal, hon, but I think I'm glad I live a distance away from you. I know when I get like that I pity the fool who even accicdently gets in my way and, with my luck, I'd slam on my brakes to not hit a dog and you'd be behind me.

F

flutterbee

That resentment can pack one helluva punch. It just festers and festers until WHAM! You morph into grumpy Janet.

I'm not saying a medication tweak would or wouldn't help. But, I do think the lack of respect from your family members and being completely taken for granted is taking it's toll. If that's the case a medication tweak will only do so much. Now, the tequila on the other hand.....Kidding! Kidding!

It's time you put your foot down. If they don't like it, too f'in bad. Tell 'em I said so.

(((hugs))))

Steely

Are you taking Lorecet? Isn't that a narcotic? I know narcotics can make one very irritable.

What else is different? Schedules, food, relationships?
Maybe a journal would help to pinpoint when this started and what is causing it?

HUGS............That is all I can offer.
Many, many virtual hugs.

witzend

Resentment and pain are certainly reasons to fly off the handle. I gotta ask though, did you look up the symptoms for menopause? You're about the right age for it to start.

DammitJanet

Im thinking menopause may be the other major trigger...oh and we have the upcoming "anniversary" date of the rape in June which always triggers me too. I have been dealing with increasing hot flashes and other stuff that would lead me to think that I am getting old...but without the plumbing its hard to really know for sure...lol.

DammitJanet

my medication dosages are lamictal 400, topamax 400 titrating back to 600, klonopin .5, ambien 10 mgs, flexeril 10 mgs, and lorcet es 3 times a day.

Lothlorien

Geez, I was on Lamictal 50 and it gave me wicked headaches.

Have your hormone levels been checked recently? You can try taking Estroven....it has Soy and Black Cohash, which is recommended for menapausal side effects. Primrose oil and other supplements are also helpful.

DammitJanet

lamictal can give headaches? omg! I have been having killer headaches for months that I cant find a link to...well other than stress. First I was thinking not enough caffeine...too much caffeine, loud noise, lights, dark, something I ate, something I didnt eat, too much sleep, not enough sleep...etc. Still...headaches.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

Maybe your body has built up a tolerance over the years to all the medications? Increased medications can give you the meanies, but I think you have so much going on all the time - tis hard to tell if it's vegetable, mineral or animal.

Not too much information either - maybe start with taking a shower and see if your mood improves just a little. Sometimes when I go through bouts of depression and do the same for a few days taking a bath or shower helps.

You are constantly under tremendous stressors from your own health to your kids behavior, your relationship with DF, add in some idiot neighbors and the fact that yes indeed EVERY OTHER driver when I have PMDD IS ABSOLUTELY a jerk and you have quite a cocktail for disaster. I bet your Cortisol levels are through the roof. Maybe time for a medications tweak and a good physical.

I wish I had some better advice for you - I just have hugs and the offer to come "Clean house" for you anytime.

-Cause ya know I loves ya girl.

Hugs
Star

Lothlorien

Janet, I was on Lamictal for about a month and couldn't tolerate the wicked headaches it gave me. She gave me Depakote instead, but that caused the worst bowel problems (witout going into detail) that I've ever experienced in my life. No mood medications for me, unfortunately. I did fairly well with the mood when on them, but it wasn't worth the wicked side effects that I had.

Steely

Just wanted you to know I thought of you today - as I was beyond irritable as well. I seriously just wanted to scream at people. They are all so dumb!!! LOL:tongue:

DammitJanet

Well therapist things I am that kitten on the poster that says tie a knot and hang on...lol...you know the one where the kitten is hanging on by one claw looking frantic?

Just as an aside...the electric company folks came by this morning to shut off the power because I forgot to go pay the bill yesterday. I had the money in my purse...I just forgot to go pay it! Now I was so sick this morning I couldnt get up to take anyone to school so I was in bed asleep when he arrived and Im not completely sure that when the boys woke me up to tell me he was here that I didnt go to the door wearing just a tee shirt and NO PANTS!!!!

OMG!

ScentofCedar

Janet, what does your doctor say about the irritability and depression? If you haven't explored this with him or her, you need to do that, and have your medications re-evaluated, right away.

If it is menopause causing your symptoms (and it could be), estrogen replacement might help you. If you don't want to use estrogen, there are natural products to help you through this time ~ black cohosh for hot flashes, pamabrom for fluid retention, valerian root for irritability. Progestin cream is available over the counter now as well. I have not tried that one yet, myself ~ but they say that is helpful for some of us. Estroven, as one of us has already posted, can be helpful as well, as it contains black cohosh, soy, and B vitamins (which can be remarkably effective in curbing irritability).

Ask your pharmacist how any of these herbal products may interact with the medications you are currently prescribed. Ask him too, prior to talking to your doctor, whether the symptoms you are experiencing could be side-effects of your current medication regime.

I am sorry this is happening to you, on top of everything else, Janet. One or two pajama days is okay?

But forgetting to put our pants on when we answer the door is something else, entirely!

:)

Dang, girl!

Barbara

P.S. The other thing I have heard to help headaches is a glass of water or a glass of Gator Ade. Something about rebalancing the ions in the body. Maybe you could try that, until you hear back from the doctor?

DammitJanet

Next month when I see the gp Im going to ask them to do the blood work for my hormones. I dont know if I can take regular hrt or not since I smoke. I know I have no libido...what does that mean? That is really odd too since Im bipolar and I used to be hypersexual...lol.

Oh face it...Im just getting old and cranky!