I am so ready for this remodel to be done....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This has been going on for going on 2 months ~ should be finished by the 3 week of July. Now I know it's been a huge scope of work but I'm so tired of the dust, the noise, etc. I just keep reminding myself of the end results.

I've gotten to know the workers here so very well. The lead carpenter is about to lose his house; I got to meet his wife & daughter. One of the plumbers showed me the engagement ring he was giving his then girlfriend when he was leaving for the weekend ~ FYI, they're being married this coming October. The other plumber is struggling to help his mom get her home sold so she can move to assisted living. The cupboard guy plays darts on Tuesday evenings & the contractor himself would rather be a musician. What ~ do I look like a mom? :crazy2: That's probably a big yes.

It will be beautiful, it will be functional, it will be........ I have to keep reminding myself.... it will be functional, it will be beautiful. :bigsmile:

crazymama30

People are funny, they will tell some people too much information and others not enough. You must appear to be a safe and trustworthy person.

Just keep telling yourself it is almost done. You are almost there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It will be wonderful when it's done Linda. And at least you have friendly considerate workers there. You must possess that aura that makes people open up to you.

But I'd feel the same way. Time seems to move slowly when you're in the middle of something like that.

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I hate the process of getting stuff remodeled if I can't do it myself. Sometimes I think I'm too nice to workers and they are stalling to keep the job going longer....... I do appreciate the work when finished and know you will too. A suggestion would be to tell them you want to have a party, reunion, event, whatever for July 25 so they will need to be done, cleaned up and out so you can get ready and have your party! (Even if you are the only one attending!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
It may not be nearly the same scale as yours but I can empathize Linda. I know it's a pain, I know it's dusty and dirty, I know it's frustrating. When it's all done though, you'll wish you had done it earlier. Hey, at least you have conscientious professional workers! When husband and I gutted our living room, it was just us and the occasional help from a friend. We got it done but it was quite the experience. Although....I DID get a new vacuum out of the deal as husband thought it was a good idea to use my old vacuum to sweep up 1 1/2 inches of drywall dust. :slap:

Hang in there. You're getting close to the home stretch. It. Will. Be. Beautiful!

DammitJanet

Construction workers are an odd bunch. Most of them really are quite nice and once you get to know them they will treat you like family. If Tony had been there and witnessed one of KT's episodes, you would have known our entire family history quite quickly...lol. And he would have probably told you about this great board that I visit...lmao.

Just keep reminding yourself...the remodel is coming to the end soon.

susiestar

Roll With It
Major projects always have a time when you feel like this. But the end result is usually worth it.

It reminds me of my parents kitchen remodel. They had it gutted down to bare walls. Custom cabinets were actually cheaper than buying premade ones because the measurements of what was needed were so unusual.

My poor parents then had mom's sister and brother in law come visit for 2 weeks. In July. With no kitchen.

Then, the 2nd week of their visit my dad's brother showed up. From out of town. To stay for a couple of weeks.

My mom cooked on the long counter in the master bathroom (It was set up to develop and print film so it has a really LONG counter.) using the electric skillet and crock pot and electric tea kettle.

The workmen were like family. Mom even ended up feeding them sometimes! It was a really hairy summer, but the end result is amazing.

I hope the next few weeks fly by and then you can enjoy your newly remodeled home for a very long time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I can't wait for it to be done for you! I know you are going to love it but I know it has also taken a toll. I like that you have gotten to know the workers, they trust you and because you "know" them a little more I bet there work will be even better!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Remodels are so worth it in the end. You will be so happy when it is done. Hang in there. You are past the halfway point. The downhill side of the project. That is a good thing.

hugs
beth