I am so tempted...

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
I'm shaking in my boots. difficult child is 11.....puberty around the corner and we're already in a heap of ups and downs (well, she's always been moody) I can't imagine how it'll be after the hormones start raging....

Anyway, wanted to give you (((HUGS)))

F

flutterbee

Thank you for the support. I didn't get to sleep until sometime around 10am this morning and when I closed my eyes it was like a family video playing in my head on fast forward. All these images rushing past and none that I could grab ahold of. The knot in my stomach hasn't gone away yet.

PMS? Hard to say. Her cycle isn't regular yet. However, her anxiety has been kicking up. Looking back, I can see that this has been coming for a couple of weeks. It's just hard to see it sometimes when you're in the midst of it.

We talked today. I think it was good. Working on being more cognizant of how she's feeling, listening to her body's clues, staying in the moment.

It was a bit surprising to her when the officer told her (when they talked alone) that everything she says and does is because I allow her. That as the parent, I have all the rights. That upset her because as she said, I'm an individual, too. I told her she is and that I allow her to express herself, etc, that I don't stifle her, but that in the eyes of the law I have the rights. That was an eye opener for her. Getting the back up was a good thing, I think.

Jo - You really shouldn't beat yourself up. When Devon was severely depressed and was hostile and violent towards Wynter and the professionals told me to call the police, I was completely taken back. It never occurred to me to call the police on my own child and I couldn't do it. If it hadn't been for my experience and subsequent hindsight with him, this board and the sheer exasperation and desperation over the situation with Wynter, I never would have called them either. I didn't want to press charges or have her end up in the system. I just wanted an awakening of sorts, Know what I mean??

meowbunny

Sorry to be so late on this one. I think calling the police on our kids is one of the hardest things we can do. At the same time, sometimes it is the best. It really is past time for your young lady to realize that she doesn't make the rules, no matter how much input mom may let her have. It sounds like the police officer did exactly that. Let's hope the lesson sticks, at least for a little while.

Ya done good and so did the officer!