I am SUCH a difficult child

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearts and roses, Dec 26, 2009.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I posted somewhere yesterday about what I received from H for Christmas....a crockpot, 2 cookies sheets, 3 prs of panties and a leopard print cami (soooo random) and two shirts. I love all these things, I really do, but what I wanted from H was a Nook, the new ebook from Barnes & Nobles. It's all I wanted. I knew it was expensive and I even said, "If you can't get the Nook, the Sony is on sale at Target and I would love that just as much" - he smiled at me. You know, the way someone smiles at a simpleton.

So, I was a bit disappointed yesterday, felt dejected and kept myself busy cleaning and doing laundry and fussing in the kitchen...while H played with his new Digi-Writer thingy, whatever it is. But eventually, I bucked up and put on my happy face and we hit up the movies (bad move - I am so sick I shouldn't have gone out!). But, I did send easy child a text at her dad's about my disappointment. Later I thought, "Oh, maybe H is getting it for me for my birthday on Sunday" and I sent easy child another text telling her nevermind, that I was just a big whiner (which I'm sure she agreed with).

**I must insert here that I am really sick. I have walking penumonia. I've been taking mega doses of prednisone and that stuff makes me crazy - CRAZY. I hate prednisone!!!! Hate it! Took it my entire childhood (explains so much now). Also, the PMS is here. So, add that to my already gfgness, and well, you have a delusional crazy person.

Today, my girls come home from their dad's and we exchange gifts. easy child hands me an envelope with an annoyed smirky look on her face. I open it. It's a picture of a Nook. OMG. They bought me a Nook, but they were waiting till the girlies were home before giving it to me. I turned to look at H and he smiled that smile, again, that you give to simpletons....like I'm mentally retarded. I swear it was there. I asked easy child, "So, did you roll your eyes when you got my text yesterday?" and she said, "Yeah, I turned to everyone and said, "Mom's flipping out"...meaning all of exh's family!!!! Eiyee.

SO I GOT A NOOK!!!!!! I'm so excited. I don't get it until Jan 5th because it's backordered, but OMG. I am so excited.

And, hello, my name is JoG and I am a difficult child.

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

Cute story!! I'm glad you got it!

3. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Jo, you were a difficult child and we love you anyway. :flowers:

(enjoy your Nook and take care of yourself!)

Suz

4. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh that is so funny! Sounds like something that would happen to me.

5. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Congrats on your Nook, but I beg to differ on the difficult child part.

Didn't we have a post in general about what constitutes a difficult child? I think the fact that you put your happy face on and moved past it pretty much leaves you out of the running.

6. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

haha...they say acceptance if the fist step of recovery. :)

What a nice gift. Enjoy!

Abbey

7. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

Enjoy your Nook. I haven't tried one, but was an early adopter of the Kindle2. I love my e-reader. I have a leather "book cover" for mine and it goes everywhere with me

8. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Yay on the Nook!!!

I have to say, if all I had gotten (or thought I had gotten) from my spouse was a crockpot and cookie sheets - along with the other things - I would have probably felt a bit gfgish myself! Crockpots aren't Christmas gifts. Everyone knows that!