I am such a glutton for punishment.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
husband went to an auction yesterday.

Actually, it was ex-brother in law's auction. I really wanted to go and spend the day with exBIL and his family, but its 3 hours away and husband invited his parents to go.

In the end, I decided to go.

OMG. 6 hours in the car with 2 brooms was too much.

Did you know that easy child 2's mom finally got her into some tutoring?

And that we have really cracked down on wee difficult child cause he is SO MUCH BETTER since we're discplining him and not spoiling him.

And when husband mentioned looking at a horse on the way home to replace the ancient one we have, 2 brooms came unglued about "me" getting "another" horse. Told her I had gotten rid of one, and another had 4 home options...the only one we have that we don't use is easy child 2's pony, and 2 brooms said when easy child 2 was 4 easy child 2, easy child 2 said she was never getting rid of her pony. 2 brooms said easy child 2 has had it since she was 2 and that wouldn't be nice.

Its "nice" to let her keep everything, even when its a detriment to the pony? (the pony foundered on pasture because it wasn't used. Now it has to be kept in a dry lot and fed daily instead of being turned out with the other horses - and who feeds it and trims its feet? Oh yeah, that's ME!)

It was all I could do to not open the door and jump out.

But I had a great time with exBIL and his wife and kids for the 8 hours we were there. So did wee difficult child.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Sweetie please don't jump out of the car. Toss the broomclan out the open door.

It will save a lot of grief and pain on your part and no jury would convict!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I wouldn't really jump out, but...this woman targets me.

Oh, and she didn't want to eat anything in the towns we went thru, but was hungry, so she ate half a bag of oreos instead of apples, bananas, ham, or granola bars that we had packed with us, and it was my fault she got sick. (she's diabetic - there was literally 1 cookie left in that bag when she handed it back to me)

And we had to take food because they didn't really have the money to buy the hay trailer they were going hoping to look at (they were limiting it to $400), so they didn't have money to waste on concession stand food. She spent $420 on 2 depression glass bowls before the trailer even sold, then she bought the trailer for $800. Yup. Flat broke.

I found out from exBIL's daughter today that 2 brooms got really ticked off just before we left...she overheard them tell the baby to give Aunt Shari good bye loves. ExBIL's daughter was standing beside the truck where 2 brooms was sitting and asked her "aunt who?" and she told 2 brooms "baby loves her aunt shari". She said 2 brooms said "pfft, whatever" and rolled up the window.

Next time, I'll drive myself. I did tell her we would make the decisions regarding easy child 2 and wee difficult child and their pets, and that I was glad easy child 2's mom handled the tutoring this year, cause I fought her tooth and nail and had to do it all, including pay for it, the past 2 years until we found a teacher willing to do it for free (which is the same person its set up with this year, so it was probably the teacher that instigated it, who knows.)

I just know she's amazing and that I have no idea how to deal with her other than plain stay away.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This broom is husband's Mom? Why would she care if your XBIL's daughters baby called you Aunt Shari or that your husbands Ex wife's daughter's pony was given to Alpo? Honestly?

I think the pony would just -----um.....run away. And take the broom meister with it. Maybe the next auction you can get a small cart, hitch the pony to it and have it haul her off.
:laugh:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Why does she care about anything that she deems her business? I have no idea.

I think I'll get intoxicated at that funeral. Or maybe the other outcast cousins and grandkids and I will make our own receiving line, complete with sign that says "The UnFamily"