I blew my top

crazymama30

I was trying to get difficult child ready for bed, following the bedtime routine, and we were doing fine.

Then it was I want to read for 5more minutes. I want to read for 3 more minutes.

Then the dog knocked something over and it fell on his foot. Dramatic melt down ensued.

Then he knocked something onto the same foot.

I lost it.

Calgon take me away, and send back a better me instead.

InsaneCdn

{{hugs}}
Eventually, the kids are able to understand that we have limits too... but for now, sometimes you just have to do what it takes to survive... and yes, a nice bubble-bath may just be what the Dr. ordered.
Hopefully difficult child is asleep by now...

buddy

I hope you both got to go to sleep and can be renewed a little today. Moments like that are NO FUN (I would use different words if not for respect for this forum!)

HUGS HUGS and more:smile: HUGS

crazymama30

Thanky you all for your support and understanding. I just had enough, and really?? My patience was not what it should have been. Hopefully tonight will be better.

llamafarm

Okay.. I just pulled my husband over to check out your post. (he was home today!) His response, "Did you write this?" That is how much your house sounds like ours! I hope any guilt you feel over losing it fades away. I hope in a while you can see the humor in this. What are the chances the perfect storm can occur, especially to those of us in this situation, over and over. If it can go wrong it will. Fortunately you continue to get up the next day and start over again to face another night that could have something just as crazy go so wrong so hugely and rediculously.
Good for you. Perhaps you don't want to hear this, but smile and move on. (Remind me of this when I vent about the same sort of thing! Because you know I have been there and will be in the near future.)

buddy

Okay.. I just pulled my husband over to check out your post. (he was home today!) His response, "Did you write this?" That is how much your house sounds like ours! I hope any guilt you feel over losing it fades away. I hope in a while you can see the humor in this. What are the chances the perfect storm can occur, especially to those of us in this situation, over and over. If it can go wrong it will. Fortunately you continue to get up the next day and start over again to face another night that could have something just as crazy go so wrong so hugely and rediculously.
Good for you. Perhaps you don't want to hear this, but smile and move on. (Remind me of this when I vent about the same sort of thing! Because you know I have been there and will be in the near future.)

That IS funny, and it does put things into perspective....a huge reason I love this board!