I bought it...but, lol...haven't tried to eat it yet!

DDD

An old friend of mine recommended Walden Farms salad dressings that she bought at Walmart. I picked up a bottle at the health food store. Yikes what to heck IS in this? It is "calorie free" "sugar free" "fat free" carbohydrate free" "gluten free" AND "cholesterol free" HMMM...maybe tomorrow. DDD:nervoussmiley:

PatriotsGirl

I just looked it up and it is!! I swear everything they make is sooo good! I always get their raspberry dressing for my spinach and strawberry salads. Yum...

SuZir

Yikes what to heck IS in this? It is "calorie free" "sugar free" "fat free" carbohydrate free" "gluten free" AND "cholesterol free" HMMM...maybe tomorrow. DDD:nervoussmiley:

Sounds like something Death or was it Famine (anyway, one of the four horsemen of apocalypse) in Neil Gaiman's and Terry Ptratchett's novel Good Omens manufactured and marketed. Really fun book, I recommend. On the other hand I would be very wary of anything that 'free.'

nerfherder

It could be worse. :)

I love old cookbooks, and the crazy ones from the 50's and 60's are just... crazy.

I remember one "fun tip" on salad dressings. It seared itself into my brain, it was so broken.

"Love salad, love to dress your salad but you want to lose weight? Substitute mineral oil for the salad oil in your dressings! It has no calories!"

trinityroyal

SuZir, I LOVE that book. (I actually have 3 copies left of my original set of 5. I re-read it so often that the book falls apart in my hands, so I bought a few backup copies).

It was MEALS (tm), essentially content-free food.

As for the dressing, I used to buy a sugar-fat-carb-calorie free salad dressing. It was also taste-free, so I gave up on it after trying one or two flavours. Hope you have a better experience.

Jody

I like squeezed lemon juice on my spinach salad, with strawberries and walnuts. Pretty good. I'm going to check out that dressing, can't wait for you to tell me what it tastes like!!!

Californiablonde

Wow that sounds too good to be true. But I found my no calorie spray butter several years ago and I love it! I will never go back to regular butter or margarine again. Let us know how the dressing turns out. If it's good I so totally want to get some!

Californiablonde

I don't know what's in it, Jody. I just bought another big bottle of it today on my lunch break cause we are having baked pototoes with dinner tonight. I will check the label and let you know what I find.

LittleDudesMom

DDD, try it, it's not bad. Personally, I use light dressing that is oil based (as opposed to your creamy caesar, thousand island type ones). I open the bottle without shaking and pour off most of the oil at the top when first open the bottle - thereafer, I just shake before using. The oil based dressings are much lower in sugar than fat free dressings. My favorites are Newman's Lite Balsamic and Newman's Lite Sun Dried Tomato!

*Sharon