i bought new..

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
bras today. I HATE bra shopping. But the necessity arose. Since the beginning of the year I have snapped two underwires and about broke the front threads on another. I really can't be growing bigger boobs can I? So husband went with me and bless his heart looked for the correct size. He argued not once. He knows how much I hate to do this. He even carried them. That actually might have been a perk to him though.

Why is it something we require (at least I do) has to be so darn expensive? Ah well at least the ladies will be cofortable again (I hope). I don't want to have to do this again for a while.

beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Beth, it sounds like you need a professional fitting to make sure you have the right size. I'll bet Victoria's Secret offers the service, or you might want to call your local department store. I've seen on Oprah that a huge percentage of women are wearing the wrong size and style and don't even know it.

Either that.........or you are showing off :cutie_pie: (just kidding---and I'm jealous!)

:wink:

Suz

Last edited:

Lothlorien

Beth, I swear I've gone up two sizes in the last couple of years. So, yes, you might just have gone up in size. Once I find a bra that fits, I buy ten of the same bra. I have spent a small fortune trying to find a bra that fits me in the last couple of years.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry you had to go through the ordeal. I HATE bra shopping, and couldn't IMAGINE taking husband with me. He blushes if the lingerie section is near the bathrooms and he has to walk by them.

Have you tried the Spanx bra called Bralelujia? It is made of the same stuff and pantyhose, but MUCH stronger. They are very durable, if washed in a delicates bag. While they are rather expensive, they do give support and you wear them for many hours a day, and they support your back as well as the ladies.

I actually go online and hunt for bras using the tag off of one I like. That way I can find one I like, wear it for a couple of weeks to make sure it stays comfortable, then order a whole ton of them. It sure saves me from those horrible bra shopping trips.

I am glad husband was supportive, and that you got it OVER. When you decide which one works best, go online and order 4 or 5 of them!

Hugs!

mom_to_3

I am usually a modest person. But I will publicly say here, that I had a breast reduction last year. It was one of the smartest things I have done in my LIFE! I encourage all of you ladies that are large enough to have difficulty finding bra's that fit, to look into that option. I promise you, you won't regret it. Just between us................

Lothlorien

I am usually a modest person. But I will publicly say here, that I had a breast reduction last year. It was one of the smartest things I have done in my LIFE! I encourage all of you ladies that are large enough to have difficulty finding bra's that fit, to look into that option. I promise you, you won't regret it. Just between us................

You are m hero...I swear, if we can swing it financially, this year, I'm doing this.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hate bra shopping too. I did get a professional fitting about 2 years ago at Victoria's Secret. I really like their bras-good support!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Count me in, too -- TWICE. (Sorry, bad pun).

Seriously, though. I need to drop about 50-ish pounds before I could consider surgery because I KNOW that if I lost the weight, some of it would come off my chest.

But until that blessed day arrives, I have a HOT TIP for all you busty gals out there with ill-fitting brassieres...

Check out the Figleaves site:

http://www.figleaves.com/us/home.asp

They have THE BEST info on how to assess whether or not your current bra fits properly and why or why not, complete with measuring guides. They also have a great selection of PRETTY bras for the more amply endowed (up to 56 band size and up to JJ cup size). They aren't cheap, but for something you have to wear every friggin' day of your life (at least, I do), if it feels good to wear, it's worth every penny.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I hate, absolutely hate shopping for bras. Beth, I understand your pain completely.

Since coming off the steroid treatment I'd been on for so long (with the accompanying weight gain) I've headed down to my local JC Penney for a fitting. There's always a trained fitter scheduled & they have always been very respectful. The last bra trip for kt included a fitting & suggestions as to the type of bra would be best for kt (I was thinking iron clad with spikes ~ not in style this year;)) for her size & body type.

I'm in on the reduction as soon as I'm off the prednisone. Group rate, group rate, group rate. All you flower children, let's find a clinic & picket. Nothing like a little old fashioned civil disobedience to get the blood flowing. We could go to jail together ~ RESPITE. I'm brilliant, positively brilliant. :crazy2::cheerleader::highvoltage::stopglass:

muttmeister

I also had a breast reduction about 4 or 5 years ago; best thing I ever did. I used to wear a 42 DDD and that wasn't really the size I needed; it was just the biggest one I could find that halfway fit that I could afford. Now I wear a 36 C -but since I'm retired I go around most of the time with no bra at all and it is heaven. When I do wear one I have cute, lacy ones in all colors and THEY FIT!! Amazing.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You guys are making my back hurt.
I am so sorry and I just want to punch any man who says the bigger the better!!!
After I had the girls and I was Breast feeding... I was a 36D and that was more than big enough.
I love VS, when I find one with good support I also buy a couple to get me through!

eekysign

Lane Bryant also does bra fittings for our more well-endowed ladies. I haven't been brave enough to do it yet, but I mean to the next time I go. ;) I get mine there.

To the breast-reduction crew: Questions! Cost, recovery time, pain level, scarring? Other things I haven't thought of? I'm sitting pretty at a 40/42 DDD, but probably a little larger, if I was actually measured right. Tell me ALL about it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mom picked up my bra at christmas time. She came out of the bedroom with this look of horror on her face. She held MY bra up to HER tiny frame and said literlly "EEHGADS." then proceeded to giggle and then turned it upside down like a hat remarking that my boob was as big as her entire head. (nice Mom) thanks :tongue:

Spanx doesn't come in an E - for Extra. lol