I Can Evidently Still Do Mama Bear LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Travis posted on his facebook that he would be locked out of his apartment for the next 5 hours. That was an hour ago. About a half hour ago I asked him why. (he wears the key around his neck) And told him to call the police to let him in.

What got my ire up was that one of his roomates had responded before me that they liked this.:mad:

Maybe it's stress.........maybe it's the under current of worry I've had going since the day we moved him in up there.........But I went from zero to full blown Momma Bear mode in less than 5 seconds.

I happened to be on the phone with easy child at the time. easy child tells me that maybe I'm overreacting just a bit. I remind her it's after dark and not exactly warm outside.....and the temp is dropping not rising. And it just majorly irked me that his roomate liked the idea.

Of course soon as I saw that I had images of his roomate locking him out as a prank or whatever.....the rage just came pouring out.

easy child says to me. Mom it's not like you can go up there and do anything about it.

My clever response was........Honey, you've no idea what a POed warrier Mom is capable of.

And yeah. That's when it clicked that I was diving head first into overreaction. :rofl:

It wouldn't be unreasonable for Travis to have forgotten his key for what ever reason and the other guys to not be at home to let him inside.

Now that the moment has passed, I'm a bit surprised at my reaction. Here I thought I was doing quite well with the detachment thing. LOL :faint:

I think I'll just blame it on a heaping amount of stress and leave it at that.:tongue:

Although I will worry until he responds to tell me he got in ok............

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL I feel silly. The wind blew the door shut on him. One of his roommate just came home and let him inside.:tongue:

It's stress, I swear it is............... *slinks off into corner*

flutterby

Fly away!
You know what? I would have done the exact. same. thing.

Once a mom, always a mom. When we think our kids have been wronged, Mama Bear will come out.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Lisa, I'm confused. How could Travis post to his Facebook if he was locked outside and standing in the cold?

I'm glad it worked out ok. :)

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not sure how he did that either. I think he posted once he was let inside by the roommate. He just left that part out until I responded to his post. Typical kid. lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think he posted once he was let inside by the roommate. He just left that part out until I responded to his post.

That's the only thing that made sense to me but he got his present and past tenses mixed up. Sounds like something Rob would do. ;)

Suz

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Yup, you can update FB from your cell phone. I do it all the time :p I have a #1 rule about Facebook, however, and that is: Don't take anything seriously. :-D