I can see! Health Update Smiling!

Star*

call 911........call 911
After so many years of - "You're fat - try e diets" and rushed doctors appointments no matter what doctor it was - I have apparently grown a spine and am really letting health care professionals have it.

Not in an ugly way - but in a curt, polite - my money is as good as any others kind of way. I found an eye doctor that actually gave me a FREE re-exam today and has not rushed me into buying a years supply of contacts OR glasses because...he wants me to be 100% sure I get the best lenses for me. My eye exam was in May - I went back today for free because - the lenses he fitted me with - were right in may but due to the diet, the medications and lowering my blood sugar(s) (whatever is proper there) - the stronger lenses were no longer needed and neither are the bi-focals.

WIthout sugar - I don't need the bifocals as much. OMG I literally could cry. Last time I was sure I would leave with a white cane and a German Shepherd, this time I left with a prescription 1 & 1/2 times LESS than I came in with. Amazing what a little caring will do when doctors actually take time to give a whirl about taking care of you.

I'm a little happier today for the first time in six years about me - and it's not the Welbutrin ladies - well it may be - but I'm still a little happier.

Even if there isn't anything in my mail box.

I opened it.
I looked.
Nope.
I shut it.
Huh daisy...lol:tongue:

So take it from me - if you are not getting the health care you feel is helping you - MAKE SOMEONE LISTEN....and it's been a struggle - It's been six years or more for me. I'm finally starting to feel a smidge better. Today to be taken care of and not feel pressured into buying a box or 10 of contacts and leaving and actually not being charged a dime with lenses that fit - made me feel just cared about - :D

Everyone should feel at least this good once in a while.

Hugs

Oh and I'm typing this without the aid of dollar store glasses - HA. :laugh:

donna723

Star, that's wonderful! I'm happy for you! I never thought about changes in your medical condition affecting your vision but I guess it can. Great!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
"I can see clearly now,
my sugar's gone.
Got a new scrip for lenses,
didn't have to paaaay.
Got me a doctor
who will listen good.
It's gonna be crisp, clear, bright sun-shiney daaaay..."

Greaaaat news!
Can you read this?

This?

How 'bout this?

And this?

Now what do you see?

And now?

So how many fingers am I holding up? (Shhh! Nobody tell her!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Love the song. :smug:

I can see this
and this
and this.....
and this :laugh:

It's so nice - to not keep stuffing glasses down in my natural eyeglass holders. :surprise:;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks Stang - I'll check it out tomorrow - My 'puter died and I have no sound....I'm still working off the 1994 model and just glad to have a keyboard and monitor....lol. :exercisebike: THis me - burning the electric to run the dang thing...lol

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! That is a HUGE change for the better. Did you get the "eyes changing as we age" spiel?

It is great to hear that your docs seem to really CARE. Our eye doctor won't fill a contact rx until you wear them a month or so. If you need glasses, I am the lady with the online eyeglasses info. husband's no line bifocals were about $70 with the thin lenses. The best bifocal deal with found here was with $49 frames and the thick lenses and the lined lenses priced 2 pair for $249. And his bifocals came back perfect. the eyedoctor measured them to see if they really are the right rx, and they were exact.

I did just see an ad for Walmart Optical with really inexpensive glasses, and for cheap contacts too. Might be good to look at the website.

klmno

I'm glad to hear that you had a good day for a change and that something improved your life!! I hate my bifocals.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That reminds me, I need to put the screw back in my frames so my lense will stay in! I can survive without my glasses, but my eyes are a whole lot less tired when I do wear them!