I can tell it's time for my daily eye-rolling and head slapping exercise...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
because the school nurse just called to tell me difficult child 2's teacher discovered he had some pills in his pocket this morning (thank God it wasn't another knife!) He told her that they are his brother's medications (for Crohn's and allergies) and that sometimes he doesn't want to take them and he leaves them lying around, so he picked them up. Why he brought them to school instead of giving them to me will remain to be discovered until later today when he gets home. At least the nurse was laughing this time...

:rolleyes::slap:

Wiped Out

Staff member
If it's not one thing it's another-glad to hear it wasn't the knives! (my difficult child did the knife thing in first grade). Glad the nurse was laughing!

klmno

You must have understanding people- at least the nurse- in that school. Here, they write the kid up even if it's prescription medications.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
WO and KLMNO:

With all that difficult child 2's been through lately, he's on everyone's radar now as someone who is "special" and has "issues" -- they've seen what a bright and good-hearted kid he his, and now they see what a bonehead he sometimes is, too!

I have to say we are pretty lucky to be at this school. I'm glad his "issues" are being addressed now, at the elementary level, because I don't know that the middle or high schools here would be as patient or understanding.

Oh, and upon further querying with difficult child 2, it turns out difficult child 1 borrowed difficult child 2's jacket, and THAT'S how the medications wound up in the pocket. difficult child 2 didn't even know they were there until he put the jacket on to go out at recess today and stuck his hands in the pockets. Needless to say, I sent a quick email to the school to clarify the situation further.

klmno

That's good gcv! Things happen- innocently enough sometimes. difficult child always tosses all his medications in his mouth at once- one morning he was in a real rush to make the bus on time and grabbed them quickly. When he came home that afternoon he was franticly telling me that he sat down in his first class that morning and a little pink pill rolled off his clothes onto the floor. He was scared to death to tell the teacher (you'd have to know the way this sd deals with difficult child)- so, he said he grabbed it up quickly and stuck it in the bottom of his pocket. He gave it to me swearing that he didn't do it on purpose- it must have fallen out of his hand instead of making it to his mouth with the other one.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
So glad you got clarity on the situation (mine did knife thing last year in 7th grade) Those phone calls from the school can always make you feel like your 12 being called into the principals ofice. So glad the nurse had a sense of humor!!!

Jena

ok yes good not the knife..........

and i like that nurse laughing........very cool of her.

if that was my school they'd be calling yet another meeting they love meetings there.........LOL>