I can't believe it

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mrscatinthehat, Apr 20, 2009.

1. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Well, now I am surprised at the events of the evening. The organization that I work for had their annual volunteer dinner tonight. This would be the one I tried for the job, didn't get, then got. Well one of the awards given for is an Exceptional volunteer award. It is named after one of the volunteers that passed away. I happened to know him we volunteered for a short time together. I was blown away that I got an award at all. I figured that with me being an employee now that I wouldn't get one. But they recognised my work from all the year before. I actually cried. Of course the people I was sitting with teased me.

So a week into the new job (oy is it a challenge getting things to work out) it felt good knowing that even though I was going through all that emotional upheaval that they didn't recognize my work and poof they really did. It felt good.

beth

2. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Good work should always be recognized, glad that you received an award and also think it was ironic that you actually knew the person it was named for....... Cool......

3. Andy

Andy Active Member

Congratulations! You did great!

4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Beth

Good work isn't recognized enough now days. I'm glad they were thoughtful enough to appreciate all you've done for them.

Congrats!

Hugs

5. nvts

nvts Active Member

Great Job Beth! You've been working hard for everyone it seems and now you're finally getting a little recognition!

The Other Beth

6. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

7. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Very cool!

8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Congratulations! You EARNED that award! Be Proud of yourself!!

9. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Beth that's wonderful!
    So glad that they recognized your contributions. Both by giving you the job AND rewarding your volunteer efforts.

Congratulations!

Trinity

10. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Beth, that is so cool. Relish the moment.

Abbey

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

It's nice when other people recognize what WE (board friends) already know!!

Congratulations.

12. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Congratulations!!!!:smug:

13. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

That's really great! Congratulations!

14. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

How wonderful! Congratulations!!!

15. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member