I can't find the lemoncello thread....

Mom2oddson

The recipe sounded really good, but I didn't plan on making it so I didn't write down the recipe. Then today, I was at the specially grocery store here (organic, fresh) to get real whipping cream (slightly pasterized not homogenized)... and what do I see but the most beautiful lemons and on sale too! So, I bought the lemons and came here to find the thread.....and of course, I can't find it! And my scatter-brained mind can't remember who started it either.

Can anyone help me find that thread because I'd love to have the recipe now that I have the lemons.

Thank you very much!!

Mom2oddson

Never mind! As soon as I posted this, I saw it three lines down. It's like the car keys or glasses. Search 100 times and as soon as I ask for help, they are right there on the counter for the whole world to see. :slap:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Let me know how yours turns out! I'm thinking I don't need to steep it for nearly as long as the recipe says -- I think Witz is right. I've check my peels that have been soaking since last Sunday night and they are nearly white now... all the yellow has been leached out into the alcohol. I just may bottle some up for Thanksgiving and see how folks like it!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds awesome! The lady on the cooking show I mentioned on the other thread, the one who just kept tossing the peel from any lemon she used for other things into the jar of alcohol, then added simply syrup when she was ready to drink it, about 1/2 and 1/2, she said that you knew to take the peels out when they turned white. She just fished them out instead of straining, at least in her demo on tv. I can NOT figure out who she was. NOT Rachel Ray but seh looked kind of similar but more Italian looking. It may be a crock of made up stuff, but she said it was what her mom and Gma had always done.