I can't stop laughing!!

Estherfromjerusalem

Do you remember (those of you who are old enough) when we had white cloth diapers, and occasionally you would see a line of laundry hanging with pale blue diapers, or pale yellow, or pink? That was when we accidentally put something coloured in the washing machine to boil with the cotton things.

Well, I thought all of that was a thing of the past.

These days, husband and I are alone, no children around because difficult child is in Australia, four months already, hurrah! So you would think all of that would be behind me.

Well, no! First of all, I must explain that my husband is a very conservative guy. He will not wear tight underwear, and will only wear white underwear. White cotton singlets and white cotton underpants, boxers.

Today I was so pleased, I thought I had finished with the laundry. I did a warm wash, and then a boil wash with cotton things -- towels, underwear, socks, etc. And -- yes, you guessed, I put in a deep plum coloured towel by mistake -- well, it wasn't exactly a mistake. It had been washed so many times with the warm wash that I thought the colour wouldn't run.

Big mistake. Everything came out a very deep pink. I called my husband to see, and I started to laugh and I couldn't stop. I laughed and laughed and laughed, very loud. I don't know what the neighbours must have thought! And I am still giggling.

Just thought I'd share that with my "family."

Love, Esther

PS. Have to go tomorrow morning and buy him new underwear! I can cope with mine being deep pink!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Esther -

That's hysterical! We have a RIT dye remover here in the States. It would remove the pink for you! But I gotta admit - Having plumish pink undies on a man - Not gonna go here either. Guess you have some fantastic new rags.

lol -

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Back when Jett played football, the practice uniforms were white (for grade school kids - what were they thinking?!)... Anyway, husband ran a load of them one weekday before practice, and saw the maroon blanket - tossed it in.

I got home from work, checked the washer, and freaked - they were BRIGHT pink! Quick wash with bleach helped... Some. But can you imagine? 3rd grader with PINK pants & jersey?! OMG...

DDD

Esther, my response went off in cyberspace. I imagine there was no need for discussion at your house. At my house, honestly, I don't think my husband would even notice. He just reaches in the drawer, pulls it out, puts it on and goes.
He used to do his own laundry and somehow about five years ago or so he evidently decided he didn't want to do that or cook or ?? As a former card carrying member of NOW I can't believe I am a working senior citizen version of June Cleaver. :twister2: Thanks for sharing a funny...I needed that today! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
So when you dye them pink or plum? Then what are they? I mean no longer tighty whiteys?

susiestar

Roll With It
That is awesome! Esp that you didn't get all upset. I remember my mom and gma commenting on how they wished that the various colors of baby clothes were available when we were little (both when I was and wehn my dad was). They described how embarrassing it was if you accidentally did that and had to hang colored "whites" on the line outside. If you have color catchers for sale there you can toss them itno a load and supposedly they keep colors from bleeding like that. One color catcher is supposed to work for 30 loads, or so that package says.

Mom2oddson

I remember the first place that I rented that came with a washer/dryer. It was empty when I put in my white sweater tank top and light cream button up sweater to wash on delicate cold..... Don't know what the last person had washed, but I had a lovely grey/blue matched sweater set when it came out of the wash.

Pink Elephant

Do you remember (those of you who are old enough) when we had white cloth diapers, and occasionally you would see a line of laundry hanging with pale blue diapers, or pale yellow, or pink? That was when we accidentally put something coloured in the washing machine to boil with the cotton things.

Well, I thought all of that was a thing of the past.

These days, husband and I are alone, no children around because difficult child is in Australia, four months already, hurrah! So you would think all of that would be behind me.

Well, no! First of all, I must explain that my husband is a very conservative guy. He will not wear tight underwear, and will only wear white underwear. White cotton singlets and white cotton underpants, boxers.

Today I was so pleased, I thought I had finished with the laundry. I did a warm wash, and then a boil wash with cotton things -- towels, underwear, socks, etc. And -- yes, you guessed, I put in a deep plum coloured towel by mistake -- well, it wasn't exactly a mistake. It had been washed so many times with the warm wash that I thought the colour wouldn't run.

Big mistake. Everything came out a very deep pink. I called my husband to see, and I started to laugh and I couldn't stop. I laughed and laughed and laughed, very loud. I don't know what the neighbours must have thought! And I am still giggling.

Just thought I'd share that with my "family."

Love, Esther

PS. Have to go tomorrow morning and buy him new underwear! I can cope with mine being deep pink!
Yuppers! I totally remember! White rubber pants used to get stained, too! LOL!

Estherfromjerusalem

How funny to see that post again! And you're not going to believe this: I did it again just two weeks ago, but this time I managed afterwards to bleach them and he can now wear them, although they are ever so slightly faintly pinkish, but only when compared to real white. I'm giggling again now.

Love, Esther

Pink Elephant

How funny to see that post again! And you're not going to believe this: I did it again just two weeks ago, but this time I managed afterwards to bleach them and he can now wear them, although they are ever so slightly faintly pinkish, but only when compared to real white. I'm giggling again now.

Love, Esther
ROFL! You know, I'm surprised it doesn't happen MORE often, especially in homes where we homemakers do it all!

I still go through days where I feel a few seconds of freight related to, did I put bleach in the dark wash load! LOL!