I could just cry...

KTMom91

...or go get drunk, or something...

Tuesday, I came home from school and smelled cat pee. Couldn't find either the location or the guilty party, but I kept checking around. Hubby decides to go to bed early, pulls back the covers, finds the bed is soaked through, and Onyx panther is lounging near the foot of the bed. Hubby picks Onyx up, and Onyx lets out a huge howl, and promptly pees on Hubby.

Meanwhile, I look up info on cat Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)'s, and tell him we have to take Onyx to the ER vet NOW. Put the already angry cat in the carrier, and we head out. Fortunately, there was no blockage, but we have antibiotics and pain medications for him, and back home we go, medicate Onyx, and realize that we cannot sleep in our bed. Hubby takes the couch, I take Miss KT's extremely uncomfortable bed.

Wednesday, we kept the cats confined, and Bud peed on the bed. Hubby gets a bucket of water, tries to scrub the bed, and leaves the bucket, full of water, on the bedroom floor. Back to Miss KT's uncomfortable bed. Thursday, Onyx got by me, and peed on the bed again. Hubby scrubs again. Sleep in Miss KT's uncomfortable bed again.

And today...I get up with my hips and knees aching, keep all animals out of the bedroom, head to school, spent the afternoon in a class of difficult children, drag myself home , take Bud out to do his business, come back in the house, and...watch in silent horror as Bud tips over the bucket of cat pee water, all over the bedroom floor and soaking under the bed.

I call Hubby...and rather than him saying something like, "Oh, yeah, I should have dumped that...I'm sorry," he says, "Well, it was mostly water anyway." OK, but it's under the bed, it's soaking the rug, and it SMELLS! Did you miss that memo?

There had better be some chips, salsa, and tequila in my immediate future...or someone's gonna get hurt.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh sweetheart... HUGS... I know what it's like when one cat has urinary issues... It's awful. I'm glad you caught it before it got like Possum's do - bloody urine, or should I say blood with a touch of urine?!

In the meantime. Do NOT use ammonia to clean. Baking soda and vinegar work best for this. Sprinkle on the soda, let it sit for a while, mist with vinegar, wipe the whole mess up. A steam cleaner helps - but mattresses are funny animals... Make sure it's totally dry!

Steely

Oh wow - I might go on a screaming tangent. Geez.
I am cyber spacing you some margaritas ASAP - but tell husband he gets nada:)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is why I own a wet/dry shop vac........and a rug shampooer.

I think maybe husband ought to take you mattress shopping. I've never really figured out a good way to really wash a mattress. ugh

(((hugs)))

donna723

Do you have a carpet shampooer? I've used mine before to clean up big spills like that. It comes in real handy some times!

KTMom91

Hubby came home with one of those Little Green carpet shampooers, and was smart enough to immediately take me down to our local cantina. After two margaritas, chips and salsa, and a monster burrito, I felt much better.

The clean up continues today.

shellyd67

Oh man, that just plain ole stinks ! I hope you are able to get the odor out. I know cat urine is a doozy ... Glad you had some yummy food though !

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd have a margarita, or twelve - send husband out for a new mattress - have him pay for a delivery and set up - and then get KT to clean my room whlie I sat in the corner and watched it all with my cats.

WELL! SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THE KITTEH!

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
I picked it up at Kroger for around $7. I saturated - and I mean saturated - an area and used about 1/3 of the bottle, but it was a bad one - large cat peed on my carpet. I've searched for my entire adult life for a product that works this well. It may very well save your mattress. And definitely will work on the carpet. And the Lemon Grass scent is very mild - I'm so sensitive to smells that I couldn't stand it otherwise.

Glad you got your margarita. :)

DammitJanet

It wont save the mattress this time but...I got this amazing mattress pad that is completely water proof. It feels like terrycloth but it is water proof. Keyana spilled about a quarter of a bottle of water on my bed today and my blankets got wet, my sheets got went and even the mattress pad was wet...but my mattress was dry as a bone!

KTMom91

Janet, where did you find that mattress pad?

Heather, we don't have a Kroger's, but I'll check around for that spray.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm gonna tell easy child about that spray. She has a cat that is determined.......to uh .......make the house smell like him. Of course this is the declawed guy so there isn't the option of putting him outside. ugh And she can't find him a new home as Brandon and he are inseparable. lol

Lothlorien

I hope that spray gets it out. I'd probably be out looking for a new mattress about now.
My cat had gotten into my roses once and completely ruined a brand new bed set, pillows and all. I had to throw out a very expensive down pillow and couldn't replace the bedset because it had been discontinued. Thank God I didn't have to replace the mattress tho.

DammitJanet

I actually got the mattress pad when I bought my mattress at rooms to go. Im sure you could buy one without getting the mattress though. People probably need to come in and get an extra from time to time.

P

PatriotsGirl

I second the vinegar.......I am so, so sorry!!! I can't imagine. I would cry, too. And drink lots of tequila.

This is the reason we do not own cats. I cannot tolerate that smell and my nose is far too sensitive....