I could use some sleep

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Oh, I like that BBK! "Strength in Numbers"! :grin:

Hope you can rest easier, janet. But.....what did I miss?? I thought ant was living in hillbillyland? :blush:

Ah, well. I know well what a difference a day makes in difficult child world, and I've missed checking in for several days..... :salute:

Peace

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My prediction is that Ant will be ok Janet. Being a former difficult child, can tell you it just takes time to tire of all of the drama that toxic acquaintences bring round.

Marcie

SunnyFlorida

Joining in on a countdown with you Janet. Only 5months to go and then Ant can re-sign his lease.

I'm crossing all body parts here hoping that Ant can hold it together and get it together. We know he's a hard worker, he just needs to relax and concentrate on doing what he's 'supposed to be doin'.

Sending some gentle hugs your way.

hearthope

Janet ~ Thinking of you and Ant. Hope he will enjoy the calmness that comes with living beside the police station, maybe this is the time. Fingers crossed

saving grace

I think you did the right thing Janet, for you as much as for Ant, I know its hard to believe but he has come a long way from where he was 2 years ago. You needed to know he was safe, you need your sleep and your sanity. Turn it over and let the Universe take it from here.

Grace

Oh Janet ~ your mother is unbelieveable!

I am happy Ant is in a safe place. I hope he can pick himself up now, and truly make a success of this new beginning.

Maybe he just had to have a little taste of that old life, before he could turn his back on it forever.

Barbara

Sunlight

pony, ant did move in with Monica's mixed up family...for a few dys. he was buying their food and ended up back at his own place. she followed. she is a 26 yr old difficult child with no license either.

they both moved in ant's new place last thursday. by friday night she was sleeping with someone else so he told her to move out. (seems he met his match)

so, he is there on his own and seems well adjusted. he dropped by boyfriend's house yesterday for a hug. he signed the lease on his own. the landlord's sister is moving in downstairs of him in a few days I think.
once I knew he was in a safe area, I could sleep. in fact, we went away for 4 dys and all was well.

rejectedmom

Janet at least he got out of that relationship fast. Our difficult child's really do need to just concentrate on thier own stuff. I think they bring in all their chaotic "friends" as an avoidance technique. I hope Ant stays alone long enough to really do some major introspection and truly get a handle on where he wants to go from here. -RM

Sunlight

I truly think ant will simply move in someone else soon. he cannot be alone it seems.

you know how those TV soap operas, you could miss a week and not miss much? with ant it changes by the moment.

I have to say next week he will be out of jail 9 months. the longest in his life he was free since he was about 13. so, he is learning to lay low if nothing else.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so, he is learning to lay low if nothing else </div></div>
Baby steps... :rolleyes:

I used to wish my difficult child would at least learn that! Seems he got caught every time he stepped outta line.

Peace

KFld

I don't think my difficult child would ever live by himself. I can't believe it's already been 9 months since ant has been out. Hopefully it will be forever.

I'm glad he's moved in and settled and you are sleeping once again.