I decided to order my dad a mp3/video player to use

DammitJanet

And I have been downloading videos from youtube to put on this little device. Of all the crazy things, my dad told me he has been listening to Jason Mraz...lol, so I downloaded a bunch of his videos plus I got some Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr but then I went delving into seeing if I could find some old stuff...like Frank Sinatra...Oh boy! That led me to a bunch of other oldies. Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong and a bunch more! I cant believe I am finding videos from way back when. Some old black and white videos. This is gonna tickle him!

He was thrilled when he got a "portable disc player" that he could put batteries in and use headphones with. Wait till he gets a little rectangle thing that looks like a cellphone and plays videos! And you dont have to change CD's!

DammitJanet

I think he will. It kind of looks like a touchscreen cellphone. Its NOT an Ipod...lol. Cant afford one of those. I got it off ebay. Im a sucker for ebay.

Lothlorien

Is it a Sansa? My Sansa looks exactly like an ipod. You know you can download audiobooks on it too? I get a lot from my library's website.

We got an mp3 player for husband's dad at Christmans. He LOVES it. It came at a good time, too, becuase his little transistor radio that he had broke. We got hima 4gb Sansa and he can add a microdisc for extra memory. He filled it up immediately with all his cds that he had on his computer. Then I showed him how to download books for free off the library and he went and got himself a library card the next day. He uses it all the time.

DammitJanet

I dont think this is a name brand. I got it really cheap from Hong Kong...lol. I waited and bid in the middle of the night which is how I get some things pretty cheap. Its an 8gb with the capability of adding a microsd card.

It has the ability to do Mp3's, video and text for ebooks but Im thinking the screen would be a bit small for that. I asked my dad about listening to audio books when he talked about his cd player and he wasnt much interested so I am not downloading any of those. I was thinking about maybe a tv show or two. Just wondering about the size. I suppose I could get them and put them on extra sd cards...lol.